Where do we dock in halong

marcsgran

I think this was the port: http://www.whatsinport.com/Halong-Bay-Cai-Lan.htm

Azamara will provide a shuttle to the downtown market area near where all the junks take off.

You can have your guide meet you right by the drop-off shuttle location. Ours (APRO) provided taxi service to/from the junks.

We had a wonderful time. The food on the boat/junk was great.

Hi

I am trying to organise a tour in halong and wonder which port we will be tendered into. Apologies if this question has been asked before

Ara

Hello Ara -

We will be docking at Halong Bay. It is likely that we will dock at Cai Lan Port (Halong Bay), a 20 minute drive from the city

01 Cai Lan Street Bai Chay Ward, Ha Long City.

Final port confirmation usually happens 48 hours prior to arrival.

If there is more specific information about the Halong Bay location I will be share it on another thread about this same subject. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1856977

Enjoy planning your forthcoming Azamara vacation experience!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

This was the most memorable day of my cruise. It was really a step back in time.

We had a water tour that took us to the newly found caves, very impressive, not destroyed by humans. the accoustics were good with just tourists,I would have loved to be there when a concert was on. The majority of people live on the water, and go about life as usual,except a few that have now sought out tourists as their business, we had a couple of todlers that have been trained to climb into the tour boats and claim what ever they can grab - we were told to hold on to everything, and not take kids pics, and to not give anything to them. But, they are adorable,and it was hard not to smile at them. They have a hard life ahead of them, I am sure fishing is not as profitable as it once was.

When you tour by guide boats into the bays, you do not see any buildings, it is very green, and very beautiful.

Archived