What did you think about the Paradise?

Granted, I haven't been on her in a few years, but I thought she was a great ship. Definitely the nicest interior of any of the Fantasy Class ships I've been on. I also don't believe she's had the Waterworks added, so she'll still have the aft pool, which is one of my favorite areas on those ships.

Does she have the Serenity area?

My husband and I did back-to-back cruises on the Paradise this past New Years, so we were onboard for 9 days. It definitely ranked high on the list of cruising experiences!

The link to my pics is in my signature. :D

I just sailed on her a few weeks ago. Very nice smaller class ship.

Had a first time family group with us, and it was nice for them to easily get to know the ship.

Staff were all very nice. We loved our dining team. Typical friendly staff.

We were in OV cabins, aft Upper deck. The corner lifevest box does take up a bit of the room. You have to climb over it if the beds are together and you are on the window side. The bathroom is actually a little larger than expected. The mirror is set up like a medicine cabinet (store your stuff behind the mirror) and has lots of space.

There was a safe in the room. Bring an old gift card to use.

The shows were enjoyable. Always like going to the marriage show and the battle of the sexes.

Food is typical Carnival fare. Dining room rotating menu. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the food, but it's the normal menu. Buffet was usually good too. Loved the omelet buffet and deli, but they were usually very crowded. Try room service and get some of the sandwiches on that menu (on the back of one of the flyers you receive in your cabin) - it's free, just remember to tip.

I have the FunTimes that I am going to scan. Send me a message if you'd like me to email them to you.

We loved Paradise. The service and staff was great. Although we hadn't been on any other cruises, so weren't able to make a comparison, we felt that the ship was in great shape for her age. The review I did (link in signature) has a bunch of pictures if you're interested in seeing them.

Have a great cruise!

• 4 months later...

DH and I will be on here on January 20, 2014. We will be celebrating our 1st anniversary. He proposed to me on my first cruise on the Ecstacy last year so we figured it would be fitting to celebrate our first anniversary on a cruise! So excited, hope the next few months pass quickly!

DH and I will be on here on January 20, 2014. We will be celebrating our 1st anniversary. He proposed to me on my first cruise on the Ecstacy last year so we figured it would be fitting to celebrate our first anniversary on a cruise! So excited, hope the next few months pass quickly!

We will be sailing on the 25th. I hope you post pictures, I cant wait to go myself!! :D

We were on Paradise over Memorial weekend. There's a link to my review with pictures in my signature.

I didn't think Paradise was in bad shape at all. Yes, the decor is somewhat dated and "Farcus-y" but nothing looked worn. The ship was actually prettier than I was expecting. I liked the artwork and color-scheme.

I found the ship to be really crowded but that may have been because it was a holiday weekend. We've been on Fantasy class ships before and I don't remember ever dealing with that many people and long lines.

We had a great cruise.

(Aside - Hi, Tinkerbell. We were on Monarch with you last year. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!)

Oh HEY! Good to see you! Thanks so much for the congrats! :) And glad to hear you enjoyed the Paradise!v:)

I know I will be beating a dead horse but,

Count us in as loving the Paradise too. Excellent ship, in many ways one of the better ships we have tried.

I found only a couple of rooms (rex dance club and america bar) to be way over the top in design.

I felt the Paradise did afternoon tea better than the Legend. Seemed to take it more seriously.

True she lacks the upgrades and waterworks but it givers her a older charm, she feels more like a classic cruise ship.

I wish she did a 7 day trip once in a while. May check out a b2b on her.

Archived