Made final payment today...officially platinum!

kirasmom

How long after your 9th did your 10th show platinum status?

We had 1 day in between each cruise but when we boarded the Sensation I wasn't recognized as being platinum. I had to go to guest services after boarding to have my sail and sign card changed.

I just made my final payment for 10th cruise yesterday too! I was excited just to see "Platinum" next to my name & Priority on my luggage tags! I felt like I've been waiting for this for YEARS!

THis was me too. It was only a few months ago that this was even a reality.

I think I am most excited for the free bag of laundry

Hm I have my 10th paid in full and 11th booked. I did not notice platinum on my documents. LOL Maybe I best go look again

I just made my final payment for 10th cruise yesterday too! I was excited just to see "Platinum" next to my name & Priority on my luggage tags! I felt like I've been waiting for this for YEARS!

I was "grandfathered" into Platinum by taking my 10th prior to the end of this year. Before my cruise was paid in full I didn't notice Platinum noted anywhere. However, once paid you can print out your boarding pass & other documents. On both the Boarding Pass & booking summary where it lists the guests name it has your VIFP# followed by Platinum. The luggage tags state "Priority" as well. I was relieved to see everything noted correctly since other posters on CC have said they've had to call Carnival when the documents do not state Platinum.

However, when I logon to Carnival's website on my username under the My Cruises section, it still says 9 cruises & however many points til Platinum. I don't believe this changes until after I've actually taken my next cruise. Rhodester - this might be what you're referring to.

I was under the impression that you actually had to have 75 days at sea, not just paid for.

Partially correct. 75 days at sea or 10 cruises by the end of this year. After the end of 2013, Platinum only by days at sea regardless of # of cruises. The poster who said they are Platinum now that the 10th cruise is paid for is correct, their documents will show Platinum. But, if for some reason they don't or can't sail, then they are not Platinum.

I have made final payment but I guess mine will not say platinum until I take my 9th cruise in August. Can not wait.

I'm in the same boat.... all paid off but must complete October cruises before December will show Platinum. There sure have been some good rates this year that have enabled us to go for the platinum push. I'm still not finished looking at the 2013 schedule either..... may still add another one!

I was "grandfathered" into Platinum by taking my 10th prior to the end of this year. Before my cruise was paid in full I didn't notice Platinum noted anywhere. However, once paid you can print out your boarding pass & other documents. On both the Boarding Pass & booking summary where it lists the guests name it has your VIFP# followed by Platinum. The luggage tags state "Priority" as well. I was relieved to see everything noted correctly since other posters on CC have said they've had to call Carnival when the documents do not state Platinum.

However, when I logon to Carnival's website on my username under the My Cruises section, it still says 9 cruises & however many points til Platinum. I don't believe this changes until after I've actually taken my next cruise. Rhodester - this might be what you're referring to.

I think you've got it correct. That's how I remember it from doing our B2B this past January. Our tags said Priority, but our cruise docs showed Gold*. The * was temporary status or something like that.

Archived