Pinnacle Grill Reservations

LesLebo

We booked the Pinnacle Grill for our Westerdam cruise partly because we are unhappy with the early assigned seating. When I called, HAL said they could not guarantee the requested time. (But they took our money).

Do we have to "tip" the Matre'd to get late seating plus the requested time for the Pinnnacle Grill? Frankly, if it's early, we don't want to eat either place...we'll take our chances at the Lido.

:mad::mad:

It is usually early seating that fills up quickly, so you should not have much trouble getting a late seating at all. Just inquire when you board, and they should be able to accomodate you.

Have your TA change the time or at least get you on a wait list for the time you prefer.

We've never eaten dinner in the Lido, but as I recall the hours are something like 6:30 to 8 p.m., but you can get pizza and pasta until much later.

You'll love the Westerdam, it's a beautiful, comfortable ship - and only a little more than a year old.

When we booked the pinnacle on the Westerdam through ship's services they also told us "we can't guarantee you will get the time you requested". When we got on board we checked with the Pinnacle staff and we indeed had the requested time. The staff told us they almost allways are able to accomadate the time requested by those who book ahead.

As far as the MDR, I would go check with the staff as soon as you get on board and see if they can move you to one of the later seattings. They may be able to help you.

LesLebo

Since your cruise begins in just a few days, doubt if your TA can do anything now. The dining room requests have already been filled. SEattle has already sent the faxes to the ship so that the maitre d' can begin owrking on the seating arrangments. Your table number and time will be listed on a crd that will be in your information folder when you board the ship.

After looking at, also read the accompaning letter. It should tell you where and when you can see the maitre d'. If the information isn't there, check your daily program for the time and place when you get to your cabin.

Pinnacle Grill reservation

That reservation will be on a card in your cabin when you get there. I am assuming that you are talking about the first night onboard the ship. The card will list the day and time.

If you have made other reservations for the Pinnacle, you will get reminder cards the morning of those reservations.

Wow, thanks to everyone for the quick responses! I did call ship's services and request specific times for the Pinnacle Grill. Perhaps I am worried for nothing. I was moved to the priority waitlist for late seating (did this about 3 weeks ago)in the Dining room and was told that HAL pre-assigns 80%, but Matre'd has the other 20%, which might be arranged when we first board.

Our plans are to embark fairly early. We should arrive in Copenhagen by 12:00 p.m., and transfer to the ship, which I understand is located at the Freeport Dock (a little further out than Langelinie), by 1:30 p.m. Hopefully, it won't take longer than 1/2 hour to board (we've pre-filled our immigration and cc forms), at which time we will hightail it to Dining Room.

Then, with that done, we plan on getting off the ship for about 2 hours to look around Copenhagen. (We also have a day at the end). If it takes more time than anticipated, we'll just have a snack at the Lido, as we want to be back on board no later than 4 p.m..

None of these plans are written in stone. You have to be flexible when you travel!

Anyway, this is a vacation - I think I need to lighten up and go with the flow .:D

Please don't worry!!!

I just came off of spending 22 days on the Rotterdam in the Med/Europe. When I got on the ship (a full ship BTW), they couldn't find my room card and/or dining assignment. Long story short, I had to go to the front desk, get my room key card, and then go see the maitr'd. He was more than accomadating, asked me what time I wanted and then set it up. Everyone I spoke to on each cruise was more than happy with the way their respective dining seatings worked out. Don't worry...you'll have time once you get onboard to change your dining time. Just understand that you may have to be flexible with your seating (IE. Don't expect to get main dining and a table for two).

Have a wonderful trip!

Since our daughter is getting married on the Westerdam Nov. 6. (Embarkation day) We call shore services to see if they could take all 9 of us in the Pinnacle Grill that night for dinner. We got a letter back saying that the Westerdam will not do groups on Embarkation day. So---now I have to talk to our group and see when they want to go there. Of course being Wendy's wedding day we really wanted to have the dinner in the Pinnacle. OH--they would break us up into 2 groups of 5 and 4 === but we don't like the sounds of that. So--I guess we will have to pick another night. DARN. Penny

I can't believe that they can't make special arrangements for the wedding party for dinner considering the ceremony is on the ship! Who is doing the arrangements for the wedding? That is the person I would contact to have arrange the Pinnacle wedding dinner instead of you going through Ship Services yourself. It is only 9 people for heavens sake and the ship is allowing you to have the wedding on board.

We celebrated our 50th Anniversary onboard Oosterdam in March this year. Our TA called ahead and made reservations for the Pinnacle Grill on embarkation day as that particular day was our anniversary. Not sure if the Pinnacle Grill is set up the same way on all ships, but on Oosterdam it was like two rooms, and our family of nine were at a table in the back smaller room. There were only four other small tables in that room and for most of the time we were dining we were the only table being served. It worked out perfectly for us. Good Luck and Enjoy! We liked it so much we made reservations for another night during the cruise and had the same table. Perfect!

Archived