Labadee question

I asked this in the private islands port thread but i feel like i can get an answer here quicker. It seems not much action happens in that thread. anyway, I know there are loungers out in the front of the cabanas but can you get a tan while sunning there(yes sunblock will be used). I'm not sure if its completely shaded because I see trees around in some pics. Just trying to decide if a cabana is good for my family or not or if its a waste of money. So torn on this. Thanks for any input :)

I asked this in the private islands port thread but i feel like i can get an answer here quicker. It seems not much action happens in that thread. anyway, I know there are loungers out in the front of the cabanas but can you get a tan while sunning there(yes sunblock will be used). I'm not sure if its completely shaded because I see trees around in some pics. Just trying to decide if a cabana is good for my family or not or if its a waste of money. So torn on this. Thanks for any input :)

There is so much to do on Labadee that I would be surprised you would be in the Cabana for any extended time.

We look for loungers in the shade ( the sun does move the shade around :) ). There is shopping, eating, swimming, sunbathing, enjoying a drink, snoozing, zip lining, snorkeling, wave runners, etc.........

We have never gotten one and they are nice, but we were not at our loungers for long periods of time. It is nice to have a meeting place and a place to drop off stuff so that could be a consideration. We usually travel with other couples and meet others on ship we do things with and never had a problem keeping up with our stuff.

We're been to Labadee twice and had a beach and hillside cabana. The beach cabana loungers were in full sun and the hillside was partial sun. We leave tomorrow for another cruise and have picked a hillside cabana again because we want our loungers in some shade.

My family and i were in Labadee in April. We were strongly considering a Cabana because some of us are sun lovers some are not. We decided against a cabana and were glad we did. There was plenty of sun and plenty of shade. The guys will bring your lounge chairs over and set them up where you want. We had two under the palm tree's and two in the sun. I was actually never in my chair, it was 96 degrees the day we were there. Thankfully we rented floating mats before we got there. The best 12 bucks we ever spent. I spent the entire day on the floating mat! In my opinion the Cabana's are not necessary. Take the tram to Nellies Beach and have someone set up a lounge chair for you. I hope this helps!

Archived