Sailing with Toddler in Cabin for 2 (double occupancy)

SMASHROX

After searching and finding information on CC about whether Royal Caribbean will book a toddler/small child in a cabin designated for 2 (instead of a triple cabin), I thought I would share my own experience for those sailing with small children who sleep in a PnP that do not need a spare bed in the cabin.

We recently decided to book a last minute cruise for July 4th week as Royal was offering last minute Florida resident rates. Problem was, when we went to book online, the ship showed no triple cabins available which was later confirmed by my TA. So off I was to do some searching on CC threads for information. I found a couple useful threads, but some were 2-3 years old. I called RCI directly today to see if we could book a double occupancy cabin with our DD, who is 15 months old since she would not require a sofabed or Pullman since she would be sleeping in a PnP. I was told no problem at all! In making the reservation, there were some height/weight restrictions, however. I do not know what the height restrictions were. I indicated to the rep that DD was less than 30 inches tall. He also asked if she was less than 30 pounds (which she is). Of course we still had to pay the 3rd person price, which we expected.

I thought this information would be helpful for other cruisers out there sailing with babies or toddlers. This is a booking option for you with Royal if you do not see availability for cabins that accommodate more than two people. You cannot do this type of booking online. You either need to speak with an RCI rep directly or have your TA call RCI to make the arrangement (but it can be done!). This probably gives cruisers more flexibility with cabin options as well when sailing with a very little LO!

Archived