Embarkation time in Galveston

My partner and I will be sailing in just a few days on Triumph out of Galveston. We have purchased FTTF (and are in a suite, although I don't think that matters for this question). The boarding documents say embarkation takes place at 12:30 pm. Is it possible to board earlier than that? I seem to recall some folks saying they have boarded the ship in Galveston as early as 10:30 am.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

My partner and I will be sailing in just a few days on Triumph out of Galveston. We have purchased FTTF (and are in a suite, although I don't think that matters for this question). The boarding documents say embarkation takes place at 12:30 pm. Is it possible to board earlier than that? I seem to recall some folks saying they have boarded the ship in Galveston as early as 10:30 am.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

My boyfriend and I are booked on the Triumph the end of July. Also in a suite. It has been almost 2 years since I last sailed out of Galveston and the FTTF is new since then. I am debating about getting that....not sure if it is something we need. We are in a suite, so we get the VIP check in. We will motor to the terminal from the hotel about 12 noon...

Please tell us everything about your cruise experience and if you find the FTTF pass worth while. So looking forward to you tales of the ship. Also, what things you find to to on the shore days. happy cruising.

Cheers!

George

I've cruised out of Galveston 11 times and usually arrive at the pier shortly after 10:30...if there are no glitches, boarding usually begins around 11:30.

The ships usually get back to Galveston around 6:30, rather than the 8am scheduled arrival time. Every 90 days there is a crew inspection that can slow embarkation but not by much.

I haven't sailed out of Galveston for a few years, can someone please tell me about the port changes? Thank you!

They have made the embark and debark process smoother. They have a new VIP area which is also used for FTTF and Suites. They have also made the security lines a lot better. We were just on the Magic May 19th and got there at 10:00 and boarding started at 10:30 very easy.

When you complete your online check-in be sure to sign up for text notifications. In the event the ship is delayed or anything else important happens, they will send you a text. This really helped us out last year when the ship was delayed due to fog. Some of our friends waited in lines for parking for 3 hours.

We have used FTTF on Carnival Magic several times and love the convenience of getting on board quickly, dumping our stuff and just getting into vacation groove faster. Having the dedicated line at Guest Services proved to be an unexpected bonus - didn't think we'd use it, but it was really nice. Be prepared for dirty looks from people in line, however!:) We are scheduled on Triumph later in July and FTTF has already been purchased!

Archived