Soda from bar pipe

ZOO

60 days on Royal Caribbean

3-4L water a day on average

plus all the ice, soups, coffee, few lemonades etc

in all of my 240L + of H20 have I ever had any noro symptoms... actually mostly anti-noro symptoms :o

and to the OP... i'd be more concerned with the 2 youngin's swallowing the pool water than drinking the ship water...

just IMAGINE what's in the pool water!!

:eek:

Yes, I feel like the Soprano's. Every time I feel that I'm done with this thread, someone makes another comment that sucks me back in. Help me, I can't help myself!

LOL -- I thought that was Godfather III

60 days on Royal Caribbean

3-4L water a day on average

plus all the ice, soups, coffee, few lemonades etc

in all of my 240L + of H20 have I ever had any noro symptoms... actually mostly anti-noro symptoms :o

and to the OP... i'd be more concerned with the 2 youngin's swallowing the pool water than drinking the ship water...

just IMAGINE what's in the pool water!!

:eek:

Well, if you're swimming in the pool after drinking 3 - 4L of water plus soup, coffee and a few lemonades . . . .

I'm assuming that the dispenser is not one of the newer "touchless" types, but the older type where the glass depresses a lever to start the flow. When someone reuses a glass with this type of dispenser, they have touched the rim with their hands and mouth. This can transmit germs to the dispenser lever, and then when you use a clean glass to depress the lever, the germs are transferred to your glass, and possibility to your mouth. The napkin keeps your glass from contacting the lever. Not much can help when people touch the actual spout with a used glass, but wiping the spout with a napkin can help.

This is why the USPH is recommending that newer dispensers be of the touchless type, as well as towel dispensers, etc.

OK, thanks chengkp75. That makes sense. When people push the lip of their glass or opening of their water bottle up to the spout directly, it really skeeves me out. Sounds like we can't do much there outside of wiping it with a napkin....but hmm...what if I brought my own Lysol wipes?

...what if I brought my own Lysol wipes?

To wipe the spout with a Lysol wipe? If so, then no - that's not appropriate. You are changing the taste of the liquid being dispensed, plus exposing others to chemicals they do not want in their drink, small amount though it may be. I think a whole lot of passengers wold take issue with that. ;)

I understand the concern, but is it different than going to a restaurant and having a refill of pop, or even your first glass? Dozens of servers have touched that dispenser... you just don't see it happen.

To wipe the spout with a Lysol wipe? If so, then no - that's not appropriate. You are changing the taste of the liquid being dispensed, plus exposing others to chemicals they do not want in their drink, small amount though it may be. I think a whole lot of passengers wold take issue with that. ;)

I understand the concern, but is it different than going to a restaurant and having a refill of pop, or even your first glass? Dozens of servers have touched that dispenser... you just don't see it happen.

I should have appended that with a wink to indicate it was a joke. I wouldn't touch a spout with chemicals! :)

I'm not understanding your second paragraph, though. Weren't you the same poster who stopping using the work water cooler because someone put their water bottle up to the spout?

Archived