Adventure of the Seas

rcrdale

I am looking at booking the Adventure of the Seas for late November / early December 2015 out of San Juan, PR. My question is: is there a lot of latino's that are on the ship? I have cruised out of Bayonne, NJ and Fort Lauderdale several times. I have heard that there are a lot of latino's that cruise out of San Juan and was wondering if it is a different atmosphere on the ship. We are looking at doing a back to back over Thanksgiving and the first week of December.

Please don't take my question as though I have problems with latino's. I don't, I just was wondering if there is a different atmosphere and are things more geared to the latino culture.

Thanks for all your assistance.

I am looking at booking the Adventure of the Seas for late November / early December 2015 out of San Juan, PR. My question is: is there a lot of latino's that are on the ship? I have cruised out of Bayonne, NJ and Fort Lauderdale several times. I have heard that there are a lot of latino's that cruise out of San Juan and was wondering if it is a different atmosphere on the ship. We are looking at doing a back to back over Thanksgiving and the first week of December.

Please don't take my question as though I have problems with latino's. I don't, I just was wondering if there is a different atmosphere and are things more geared to the latino culture.

Our very first cruise with RCCI was on the Adventure out of Puerto Rico. We didn't notice it. However, you ARE leaving from PR, so there would probably be a lot of people FROM PR! We've noticed on other cruises that there seemed to be a lot of people from certain countries ... and all of those sailed out of MIA or FLL. So, I think it depends ... remember it IS Royal Caribbean 'International'!! LOL!! Once there seemed to be a REAL lot of Brazilians ... another time Germans and on another one Canadians. It's all good. We've met a lot of people from a lot of different cultures and enjoyed it. We've done a lot of cruising since that time, but that particular cruise still remains my favorite of all time! Probably because we did so many ports and only had one sea day. That being said, we love the Voyager Class generally, but loved the Freedom and most recently sailed the Oasis which is AMAZING! Have a wonderful time .... I think you will! :)

Thanks for answering. Yes, I love the voyager class also. We have been on the Explorer twice and the Navigator once. We also have sailed on the Freedom, bur really love our Explorer. I get to check out the Allure for 2 weeks later this year.

Hi!!

I am Puertorrican and has took like 6 cruises from San Juan. ;) Yes, the atmosphere is more Caribbean style. Summer is too crowd, and at one time we were 1,500 puertorrican! November is ok! Less families and a lot of Solo travelers..or couples. Hope this helps! :D

We have cruised out of PR twice and especially loved these cruises! We watch the school calendars in PR to ensure we are not cruising when they have breaks and avoid those times. We have not seen a majority of Latinos, but the ones we have met are super friendly and yes, they are a bit loud but they add a great spirit to the cruise. When you see others dancing and having so much fun, you tend to do the same yourself!

Adventure was our #1 cruise...Aruba, Curacao, St Kitts were the best ports ever!

Have a ball!

I'm also Puerto Rican and sailed on the Adventure in Jan 12.... There was not a lot of Latins on the cruise, but you never know..... When I was on that cruise there where a lot of cruisers from Canada. I know you will still enjoy, the ship is beautiful!!! :)

I'm also Puerto Rican and sailed on the Adventure in Jan 12.... There was not a lot of Latins on the cruise, but you never know..... When I was on that cruise there where a lot of cruisers from Canada. I know you will still enjoy, the ship is beautiful!!! :)

Thanks for the info! :D

Just what is a "latino"? Call an actual Puerto Rican a "latino" and you'll get a loud ¿que?!

That label is reserved for mainland U.S. ethnic identity crisis types.

Can't we all be just CRUISERS?

Check your prejudices at your departure airport and join a lively and fun bunch of people on a great SoCa cruise.

Cheers,

Hi Cruisers!

My husband and I are going cruising on the Adventure of the Seas in november. We don;t fly home until later in the day, and would like to explore San Juan before we have to go to the airport. Does anyone know if there is a luggage storage facility in San Juan? We'll have 4 hours or more between disembarking the ship and going to the airport. Thanks!

Check your prejudices at your departure airport and join a lively and fun bunch of people on a great SoCa cruise.

OP disclaimed prejudice. I would prefer to take it on faith.

For what it's worth, my last cruise out of San Juan had one of the more mellow passenger mixes. Lots of Canadians. The relief at not being frostbitten was contagious.

OP disclaimed prejudice. I would prefer to take it on faith.

For what it's worth, my last cruise out of San Juan had one of the more mellow passenger mixes. Lots of Canadians. The relief at not being frostbitten was contagious.

I should have said "check your worries at the departure airport".

Archived