Botanical Garden in Kauai?

giselleacttwo

We're cruising on the Sapphire Princess with my MIL in October. When we call at Nawiliwili, the one thing she really wants to do is go to a botanical garden. Googling got me several options. Is there one "biggest/best" option I should be looking for?

Personally, I think the entire island of Kauai is a botanical garden but there are several locations that are actually designated as such. You most likely already know from your google search that there are a number of gardens and you may find something that appeals to your MIL. It's hard to say what she may consider the best.

Even the Marriott Hotel that you will be able to see from Nawiliwili Harbor has beautiful grounds with plaques that describe the trees and plants. It's a pretty short walk or free shuttle ride from the ship and it's free!

It's always good to have options.

Have a great trip.

The one to see is the National Tropical Botanical Gardens, with the tour starting in the Poipu area. It's spectacular, much better in my opinion than the Maui Tropical Plantation. Here's a link to a their website: http://www.ntbg.org/

Another spectacular one is just north of Hilo on the Big Island - the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens. Here's the link to that one:

http://www.htbg.com/

We've been to both and would have a tough time choosing between them.

Archived