Beware of booking onboard, they'll take a deposit but cancel your booking-surprise

dancer11

I don't think it matters what category you are traveling, the mistake was made by the Cunard system. We were traveling Queen's Grill, booked Princess Grill, and received written confirmation while on board. When we returned to the U.S., I saw that they had charged my credit card for the deposit. You would think those 2 events would ensure I had a booking.

There was no justification for cancelling our booking, other than to tell us it was their system error, which failed to accept the amount of deposit as the correct amount. You would think that after I talked to a clerk, a supervisor would call or write and apologize, but we heard nothing. And that is a major reason for changing our booking to Crystal.

Hi Dancer11. I agree that Cunard did completely the wrong thing. I can see why you'd change over to Crystal. I hope you also wrote to Cunard to explain the situation and tell them why they'd lost a loyal customer, one who was prepared to pay Princess and Queens Grill prices! Someone higher up at Cunard should look into the situation.

Archived