Grand B745 or B744????

endi302

We just read a review that said these were great cabins and are in the back corner of the side of the ship and jut out bigger than others. My question is should be book one of these for our April 2006 cruise or should we go balcony guarantee and hope for an upgrade? Does anyone have pictures of these balconies? Last time on the star princess we booked BD guarantee and went up the to BA category with the larger balcony. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Diane

We were in B744 and my sister and brother in law were in B745.....we always had a great view, either in their cabin or ours! The balconies are angled a bit. I didn't really think there was an appreciable difference in size and I think our view was impaired just a bit compared to a straight balcony. I also thought it was a little noisier there but neither my DH or my sister/bil noticed any extra noise. IMO, I wouldn't go out of my way to have that balcony again, but it was fine and the trip was awesome!

We were in B744 and my sister and brother in law were in B745.....we always had a great view, either in their cabin or ours! The balconies are angled a bit. I didn't really think there was an appreciable difference in size and I think our view was impaired just a bit compared to a straight balcony. I also thought it was a little noisier there but neither my DH or my sister/bil noticed any extra noise. IMO, I wouldn't go out of my way to have that balcony again, but it was fine and the trip was awesome!

Thanks for the reply to our question. Other than the railing being at an angle, did the room and balcony seem to be as wide as the others on that end of the deck? Also, what kind of noise did you mean, wind? Was it more convenient to get to dinner and the aft pool from these rooms?

Thanks,

Kevin

The cabin itself is the same as any other balcony cabin. You'll like it. We lost a little of the view when we were laying in bed, but I'm getting pretty picky, I think. The noise I noticed was an occasional one loud bang, crew-type noise. Not wind....that wouldn't bother me a bit. Also, I guess I should say, that I was sick on that cruise. I found out I had pneumonia when I got home. It didn't alter my cruise at all.....had a wonderful time. But, I don't think I was sleeping quite as well as everyone else because of the coughing. I spoke with my sister about your questions and she pretty much agreed with me. It was a different balcony but not necessarily a LOT better than any other. Either way you choose, you'll have a great balcony and a wonderful time. We did like that we were on opposite sides of the ship so we always had the opportunity for a view if there was one to see. I looked thru my digital pictures and I couldn't find one that would show the view of the balcony that would help you. I'll talk to my sister and see if she has any. I'd like for you to be able to see the balcony. It is different but not necessarily better or worse. Feel free to e-mail me personally. I'd be more than happy to try to help with your decision making!

Karen

kcolcernian9@comcast.net

The cabin itself is the same as any other balcony cabin. You'll like it. We lost a little of the view when we were laying in bed, but I'm getting pretty picky, I think. The noise I noticed was an occasional one loud bang, crew-type noise. Not wind....that wouldn't bother me a bit. Also, I guess I should say, that I was sick on that cruise. I found out I had pneumonia when I got home. It didn't alter my cruise at all.....had a wonderful time. But, I don't think I was sleeping quite as well as everyone else because of the coughing. I spoke with my sister about your questions and she pretty much agreed with me. It was a different balcony but not necessarily a LOT better than any other. Either way you choose, you'll have a great balcony and a wonderful time. We did like that we were on opposite sides of the ship so we always had the opportunity for a view if there was one to see. I looked thru my digital pictures and I couldn't find one that would show the view of the balcony that would help you. I'll talk to my sister and see if she has any. I'd like for you to be able to see the balcony. It is different but not necessarily better or worse. Feel free to e-mail me personally. I'd be more than happy to try to help with your decision making!

Karen

kcolcernian9@comcast.net

Karen,

Thanks for your help. We decided to go with a BA on the Caribe deck. We have had one of those before and liked the larger balcony. We stayed with one of the BA's close to the rear for convenience to the aft pool and the eating areas.

Thanks,

Kevin

Karen,

Thanks for your help. We decided to go with a BA on the Caribe deck. We have had one of those before and liked the larger balcony. We stayed with one of the BA's close to the rear for convenience to the aft pool and the eating areas.

Thanks,

Kevin

Way to go Kevin! :-)

Archived