Which ship next?? Just of the Breeze...

JMBeane

My husband and I were first time cruisers when we boarded the Breeze in May. We had a great time and loved the newness and cleanliness of the ship, so with that said which ship next? I feel like we spoiled ourselves and don't know if there's a better Carnival ship... Input?

My husband and I were first time cruisers when we boarded the Breeze in May. We had a great time and loved the newness and cleanliness of the ship, so with that said which ship next? I feel like we spoiled ourselves and don't know if there's a better Carnival ship... Input?

...Sorry Jordan, I think you spoiled yourselves! We've sailed Carnival plenty of times and have said many times that both my wife and I rate our Breeze cruise in the top two cruises! We really enjoyed our Cove balcony. The ship had a great vibe to it!

...Problem now is that every cruise from now on will be compared to your first cruise. That being said, I still feel you can't go wrong sailing on any of Carnival's newer ships. Also, if you can swing the cost, I highly suggest the Cove balconies!

You already know Breeze is the newest ship, so how could there be one that is better? Just saying you answered your own question and know there isnt.. so you have to ask yourself about doing another ship that you know does not have all the bells and whistles but still fun.

You will not find a newer Carnival ship (unless you count the Sunshine as a new ship). That said, a cruise is more than just the ship. How much you enjoy the cruise also depends on the itenary, your cabin type, your server, the weather and myriad other factors.

If being on a new ship is really important to you, you may want to try other lines such as RCCL, NCL, X and even Princess. Each of these lines has ships that are larger or newer than the Breeze, many with features you will not find on any Carnival ship. On the other hand, if you can live without the bells and whistles and just want a fun and affordable cruise, Carnival is probably still your best bet.

...Sorry Jordan, I think you spoiled yourselves! We've sailed Carnival plenty of times and have said many times that both my wife and I rate our Breeze cruise in the top two cruises! We really enjoyed our Cove balcony. The ship had a great vibe to it!

...Problem now is that every cruise from now on will be compared to your first cruise. That being said, I still feel you can't go wrong sailing on any of Carnival's newer ships. Also, if you can swing the cost, I highly suggest the Cove balconies!

We had a balcony and I think we would do a view or cove next time, super windy to the point where we had to bring our patio furniture inside. We only used it while in port.

You already know Breeze is the newest ship, so how could there be one that is better? Just saying you answered your own question and know there isnt.. so you have to ask yourself about doing another ship that you know does not have all the bells and whistles but still fun.

Its not that the ship has to be new, but the atmosphere was definitely fun so I guess my question should have been, which other ships are fun but not insanely outdated?

We had a balcony and I think we would do a view or cove next time, super windy to the point where we had to bring our patio furniture inside. We only used it while in port.

...FYI, the location of our cove was forward and there was a breeze, but definitely not enough to bring furniture inside. If we backed away from the railing and sat in the chairs, the breeze was fine.

...Regarding the atmosphere on the ship, I hope you had a chance to visit the Piano Bar. Ron Pass was the "Piano Man" there at the time and he is Carnival's best! He has since left the ship. He was definitely the hit of our Januany cruise!

Its not that the ship has to be new, but the atmosphere was definitely fun so I guess my question should have been, which other ships are fun but not insanely outdated?

I have been on several Carnival ships that have had a fun atmosphere. The Magic is only one year older than Breeze, and since she sails out of Galveston, it's always a fun atmosphere. The Texans are always a fun crowd (I may lose my "Oklahoma card" saying that). Texans also don't seem to chair hog very much. Magic does not have Guys burgers or the Thrill Theater. But the evening shows are much better than Breeze's.

The Dream is almost 4 years old, and she is still my favorite ship, even after sailing Magic & Breeze. No Guys, Thrill Theater, or ropes course. Still has a great waterpark: slightly different, but still almost as good or equal to Breeze's. Dream has more hot tubs, slightly more public space, slightly fewer guests, and the best nighttime shows of any Carnival ship. My 2 times on Dream have brought out a very fun crowd, as it seems that Port Canaveral usually does.

Breeze's decor is much more subdued than Magic or Dream, which have more of a Vegas style to them. I personally like the Vegas style, but most people on these boards don't.

This is the same problem I'm having. My first cruise was on the Destiny when it was a new ship and in March we took a spring break cruise on the Breeze with a cove balcony,which we loved. We are booked for a Thanksgiving cruise on the Glory. We all want to sail on the Breeze again but it's almost $800 more for that week. My 7yr old always talks about the Breeze and the cruise director,Butch. She thought he was so funny!

We totally feel the same way! The Breeze was our favorite cruise, and we know we wont be able to go on a lesser ship after the Breeze. Our only hope is that the Sunshine moves from NOLA to a different homeport, then we will sail the Sunshine. If not, we will be trying NCL's newest ships.... It is ashame, I love Carnival, but they are lacking behind on their newbuilds, which I have been saying for awhile.

After sailing on the Breeze this past January, we too were spoiled. With that said, in my opinion, all ships can have a fun atmosphere.

Have you considered sailing the Breeze again just doing another itinerary? We booked the Breeze again for 2/2014 with the southern itinerary. The problem comes in for us for 2015 since we want to take our family. Because the waterworks and some of the food venues are kinda important for them to experience, we are considering the Sunshine (depending upon where it will be located), the Dream or the Breeze (for the 3rd time).

Good luck in deciding, I'm sure no matter which ship you decide, you will have fun.

After sailing RCL Allure I was really concern about booking older ship. So we went on Legend but picked it because of itinerary. Yes it was older and without all Allure fun but we still had a good time. But now would like to pick newer ships . We like " the bigger the better". Sailing on Breakaway this November and Breeze next November. Considering Quantum for 2015 if we can afford.

The Breeze has been my favorite of the Carnival ships I've been on. I loved the 2.0 upgrades & general styling of the ship. I have my eye on the Sunshine for our next Carnival cruise, but right now the itineraries are only available through April 2014 (none of which I was interested in) so I'm trying a Celebrity ship instead for first cruise of 2014. I'm hoping they add a better itinerary to that ship.

I'm sailing Breeze in Feb. 2014 (my first and probably last b2b!); already looking at 2015!!!! My son moved to Tampa so I was looking at Legend, heard so many good things about that ship. But, I guess that's not going to happen since it is leaving Tampa and we usually sail 7-8 days. So now I'm looking at Dream. Never sailed her and figure maybe we'll just rent a car and drive to Tampa after the cruise.

Sailed on several Carnival ships, DW will be plantinum this year. Disney, RCL, Celebrity and several Princess, the latter one of our favorites. We sail the most on Carnival due to economics and close to our home sailings. Look for itineraries that interest you, I am sure you can take another Breeze with a different itinerary. We sailed the Magic when she was brand new out of Barcelona, it was fantastic. Next up the Breeze followed by the Dream next April.

What ever you choose just enjoy it :)

We have been on 7 Carnival cruises and the Liberty was the funnest atmosphere. The cruise director Karl was the most personable we have had and there was always something going on. It is a Conquest size ship so it is smaller but it didn't feel crowded at all. We have been on the Magic and my husband prefers the Conquest class over the Dream class (Magic, Breeze, and Dream).

That being said, we are taking a cruise on the Breeze next year. I am excited about it and hope my husband enjoys it. I hope the entertainment staff is as good as the Liberty.

Royal Caribbean's Oasis or Allure.....

Archived