QM2 email

gwennypenney

If you're bringing a laptop, first install an offline email client such as Mozilla Thunderbird to allow you to connect only as long as it takes to download your new messages and upload any message you may have composed. You can easily stretch your Gold World Club connect time to cover your voyage using a program like this.

This article recommends a few:

The Best Free Email Clients for Windows 7

another:

Windows 7 email: 5 best free clients

Gwen, are you talking about a regular email address or a specific Cunard address?

I have a yahoo email address, and on the ship I access yahoo and check all my emails with no problems. I send and receive as well as delete spam.

In that case you will have no trouble accessing it. You get to it through a browser. Go to a friend's house and practise on their computer if you are unsure how to do it on any computer but your own.

I use the free internet access that I'm given as a gold member. I also go to internet cafes in ports, as it is cheaper there. If there's free wifi in the port itself, I take my laptop out and sit with all the crew members to check it out.

Archived