Cruising out of San Juan

nbsjcruiser

Does anyone know the cost in cabs from old san Juan to pan am pier? Thinking about staying at the Courtyard in isla Verde I have free points so if any one knows cab price from their to airport and there to pan am pier and old san Juan

Thanks!

Isla Verde isn't Old San Juan- it's pretty much next to the airport, so the taxi will be pretty close to that- $20-30 depending on the luggage.

Great area- we stayed at the hotel airport, and spent the evening in Isla Verde- fun.

Isla Verde isn't Old San Juan- it's pretty much next to the airport, so the taxi will be pretty close to that- $20-30 depending on the luggage.

Great area- we stayed at the hotel airport, and spent the evening in Isla Verde- fun.

alfaeric, you said Isla Verde was fun so hopefully you can help me with something. Some of our rollcall is staying in Isla Verde, including myself, precruise and would like somewhere to meet to have a few drinks. Is there someplace you can recommend for us? Some of the group is staying at the Marriott, while others are near El San Juan Hotel. Someplace in between would be great so noone will have to pay for a taxi.

alfaeric, you said Isla Verde was fun so hopefully you can help me with something. Some of our rollcall is staying in Isla Verde, including myself, precruise and would like somewhere to meet to have a few drinks. Is there someplace you can recommend for us? Some of the group is staying at the Marriott, while others are near El San Juan Hotel. Someplace in between would be great so noone will have to pay for a taxi.

Locals can probaly suggest some specific locations, but if all of the party is in Isla Verde, it can be walked. It's not very long.

The one "safe" recommendation is Koco, which is in the El San Juan Resort. By "safe" I mean that that was were we were the one time, and it's part of the Oof family of restaurants- Parrot Club, Aquaviva, Dragonfly, Toro Salao, and Pina Colada being the others. We've had good food and drinks in all of those (except for Pina Colada, since it's newer).

I know there are a lot of others, from the walk we had there. It may be an option to bar hop, get a single app and a drink, and move on. Isla Verda looks like you could do that pretty well. Again, we've NOT done that in Isla Verde- just in Old San Juan.

Locals can probaly suggest some specific locations, but if all of the party is in Isla Verde, it can be walked. It's not very long.

The one "safe" recommendation is Koco, which is in the El San Juan Resort. By "safe" I mean that that was were we were the one time, and it's part of the Oof family of restaurants- Parrot Club, Aquaviva, Dragonfly, Toro Salao, and Pina Colada being the others. We've had good food and drinks in all of those (except for Pina Colada, since it's newer).

I know there are a lot of others, from the walk we had there. It may be an option to bar hop, get a single app and a drink, and move on. Isla Verda looks like you could do that pretty well. Again, we've NOT done that in Isla Verde- just in Old San Juan.

alfaeric, thank you for the input. The woman I rented my precruise condo from also recommended El San Juan Resort so it must be a good place. I'll post your recommendation on my rollcall. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Taxis have base rates for each zone up to 5 people. After that you need to add $2 per person and if you are traveling with luggage it will be $1 dollar a bag. If your hotel is near the airport I believe it is $20 to get to OSJ. The min. taxi any where is $10.

Hopes this helps we where there just last week and took taxis everywhere.

A question on the taxis. I'm 7 people total plus luggage. I'm staying precruise in Isla Verde. Are there taxi's large enough for all of us. We would need to get from Airport to Condo precruise and then from Isla Verde to the Carnival Port the next day.

I would hate to have to pay for 2 taxi's if I don't have to.

For our group of 8 from the airport to the hotel and then an even larger group from the hotel to the ship we have reserved a shuttle service that charges per person. Check out TripAdvisor for recommendations on shuttle services. Since we haven't used it ourselves yet I hesitate to recommend any one service. The prices seem reasonable and I like the idea of knowing we have our own transportation waiting for us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

For our group of 8 from the airport to the hotel and then an even larger group from the hotel to the ship we have reserved a shuttle service that charges per person. Check out TripAdvisor for recommendations on shuttle services. Since we haven't used it ourselves yet I hesitate to recommend any one service. The prices seem reasonable and I like the idea of knowing we have our own transportation waiting for us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Cost of cab from isla verde to pan am pier is 21 dollars plus 1 dollar per suitcase. To osj it is about 25 dollars assumong no bags.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Thank you both. Sunny AZ I'll check out the shuttle services. Not sure though if it will be a costs savings for us though but definately worth a try.