Upsell buyers remorse/panic! Tell me about an aft penthouse!

drsb

Yikes! I was just offered an upsell from forward balcony to an aft penthouse and took it. Now I am so stressed! Did I make the right decision? Why do people love their penthouses?

Yikes! I was just offered an upsell from forward balcony to an aft penthouse and took it. Now I am so stressed! Did I make the right decision? Why do people love their penthouses?

As the other poster said, deck number has huge impact to the experience in aft suites on Dawn class ships because of the noise from the Spinnaker Lounge.

But all in all the suite life on NCL is great, I'd upgrade for the breakfasts in Cagney's alone. :)

Nice upsell!! That's like buying a Ford & getting a Mercedes Benz with VIP perks.

No worries, the Aft Penthouses are awesome. We love them and they're our preferred way to cruise. Unbelievable views, very little wind when the ship is underway, a butler at your disposal, and breakfast and lunch at Cagney's. Enjoy!

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

I made the mistake of getting an up sell on my first NCL cruise from a balcony to an Penthouse and now in the AFT I have not looked back booking one everytime. I have looked at the Haven but for the price difference I will stay in my AFT suite and with the money saved will enjoy more things on the cruise and at ports

Thanks all. It is cabin 10226. Hopefully DH will appreciate my decision! I am having a really stressful week at work trying to get everything done to get out of here early for a Thursday flight to Copenhagen. I hear the offer for an aft and said yes, barely thinking about it. I figured for 9 days it is worth it.

The only regret you will have is that once you go to a penthouse you will never be able to go back to a regular room - esp ones in the Aft. The only problem with the deck 10 suites is that they don't appear to have the wraparound balcony.

Enjoy

The only regret you will have is that once you go to a penthouse you will never be able to go back to a regular room - esp ones in the Aft. The only problem with the deck 10 suites is that they don't appear to have the wraparound balcony.

Enjoy

True, but the overall size of the balcony is larger on deck 10!

Thanks all. It is cabin 10226. Hopefully DH will appreciate my decision! I am having a really stressful week at work trying to get everything done to get out of here early for a Thursday flight to Copenhagen. I hear the offer for an aft and said yes, barely thinking about it. I figured for 9 days it is worth it.

10226 and those other three on the Dawn (I don't think I saw which ship you are on) are four of the most popular cabins on the ship. I'm surprised it wasn't already booked.

Hi,

Would you mind, please writing a review when you return??

We have been talking about doing this trip (9 Day Copenhagen)

and would love to hear your experience with the ports and also the ship.

By the way, I just went from a forward penthouse to an aft on The Breakaway. I think it is a good idea.... Can't wait to hear your thoughts...

Stephanie

10226 and those other three on the Dawn (I don't think I saw which ship you are on) are four of the most popular cabins on the ship. I'm surprised it wasn't already booked.

Deck 10 stern is great - - previous occupants probably got an upsell to a higher level suite :)

That's great! You really scored big, enjoy your cruise! :)

On the Star, I would not consider an upsell from an Aft 9-10 ph except the GV :p

I would, even though they don't have balconies, Deluxe Owners Suites are sweeeeet! I'd love to be able to wake up and stare straight out from the floor to ceiling windows looking directly to the front of the ship. :D

That's great! You really scored big, enjoy your cruise! :)

I would, even though they don't have balconies, Deluxe Owners Suites are sweeeeet! I'd love to be able to wake up and stare straight out from the floor to ceiling windows looking directly to the front of the ship. :D

LOL, but I am a balcony junkie :p

Archived