GS or JS Help me decide

Oasis ship. GS on deck 6 or JS on deck 8 on the hump??? Which one to pick? Help! We have never been on the Oasis.... thanks!

Depends if you want the perks and no hump for lots of $'s or nearly as much space with a hump for less $'s and enough $'s left over for a deposit for your next cruise ,,

:-)

Depends if you want the perks and no hump for lots of $'s or nearly as much space with a hump for less $'s and enough $'s left over for a deposit for your next cruise ,,

:-)

"nearly as much space"?????

The GS is almost a third larger in square feet, with a REAL bathroom, and its balcony is MORE than a third larger, hump or no hump.

The ONLY thing better about the JS is the walk-in closet. I will never understand why a GS doesn't have better closets.

This explains the large price jump up to a GS.

But it the price difference were small, and I didn't already get most of the outside-of-the cabin perks, I would go from JS to GS.

Oasis ship. GS on deck 6 or JS on deck 8 on the hump??? Which one to pick? Help! We have never been on the Oasis.... thanks!

Unless the price difference is significant, I would go with the GS. You'll get concierge lounge access, reserved chairs, expanded MDR menu, etc. The hump and a higher deck are both nice, but I think they pale in comparison to the suite benefits and slightly nicer room.

A GS is hard to turn down...but, the cost difference and how much the perks mean to you would be the deciding factor. If you want the perks of a suite...than by all means go for the larger more expensive GS. If you do not care about reserved seating, better room service menus, CL privileges...than go with the JS.

I'd go for the GS if the price is right too...the perks will spoil you enough that not being on the hump won't matter. But, as a previous poster mentioned, if you don't think you'll use the perks, then it's not a great value to you. We love the CL, and take advantage of it when we have the privilege, but on the cruises we can't, either because there isn't one or we aren't in a suite, we can live without it.

We got lucky with a GS on Oasis (last minute up sell) and just LOVED all the perks. CL is fantastic and the concierge services great. We also used the reserved chairs on the pool deck and never had to worry about the chair hogs. If price is right or within our budget - go for it!!

I booked my GS for my January 2014 Southern Caribbean Cruise in February of this year. Right now the Price of a JS is $100 per person less than the Price I paid for my GS. The Current GS is about $900 PP more than what I paid.:D

Archived