Boarding in Miami question

purplekisses

I have researched the boards and the internet, but I want to double check since people are saying Miami is different.

My husband and I are platinum and sailing with my son and his friend who are first time cruisers. Since they don't have a credit card, I am adding them to my S&S account. They are planning to purchase the Cheers program and have pre paid tips. They will just pay cash on the kiosks for purchases as we are sailing. I have told them we may need to board separately because we are platinum and they are not, but the research I have done tells my they can board with us because they are on my credit card. Is that correct? If so does that also apply in Miami? Thanks. Not looking to cheat the system, just want to know what we need to do.

If none of their documents indicate priority boarding they may not be able to board with you. However, you could put your husband in the room with your son's friend and have your son bunk with you. That way all of your luggage tags would indicate priority and your entire party will board together. You can switch your cabins back once on board. :)

I think the most important question is are they in the same cabin, or their own cabin?

Check your edocs and their edocs. If theirs say Priority, then VIP boarding is in both of your futures.....if they aren't, well, they have to wait.....If you are there early enough, it will pass quickly because when boarding is called, it goes fast!!!!

I have researched the boards and the internet, but I want to double check since people are saying Miami is different.

My husband and I are platinum and sailing with my son and his friend who are first time cruisers. Since they don't have a credit card, I am adding them to my S&S account. They are planning to purchase the Cheers program and have pre paid tips. They will just pay cash on the kiosks for purchases as we are sailing. I have told them we may need to board separately because we are platinum and they are not, but the research I have done tells my they can board with us because they are on my credit card. Is that correct? If so does that also apply in Miami? Thanks. Not looking to cheat the system, just want to know what we need to do.

In my experience, you would need to book the son and friend in a cabin with a Platinum passenger to share the early embarkation benefit. The only other option to get them on early with you is for them to purchase FTTF for their cabin. Simply giving them charging privileges on your S&S is not sufficient to get them early embarkation with you. If they purchase FTTF, the one price covers both of them.

Have a great cruise!

I actually asked carnival about this for our last cruise and what they told me is that if everyone is listed on the same sail and sign account you can all board at the same time with priority boarding for all parties. Then once you get onboard you can go to customer service and have them adjust the sail and sign accounts accordingly

I actually asked carnival about this for our last cruise and what they told me is that if everyone is listed on the same sail and sign account you can all board at the same time with priority boarding for all parties. Then once you get onboard you can go to customer service and have them adjust the sail and sign accounts accordingly

However, at embarkation the CCL agent would have to go elsewhere to find their S&S cards because they are not Platinum/Diamond or FTTF. That holds up the line for the next person.

since my dad was linked to my sign and sail card his card was already with ours you dont want to switch cabins..like a poster stated-they want to buy the cheers program. switiching cabins one for the kids will not be able to

Switching who is assigned to each cabin wouldn't be an ideal solution especially if they are buying the Cheers program and you're not.

Why couldn't you switch cabins and buy the Cheers program. They are not mutually exclusive. :D

Why couldn't you switch cabins and buy the Cheers program. They are not mutually exclusive. :D

Because everyone in the cabin over 21 must purchase Cheers if one person does. I suppose they could figure out the dollars and cents of it later, but switching cabins isn't needed in this case.

OP: If the other cabin is linked to your S&S account, they will be able to board with you.

Have a great trip!

It sounds like a 50/50 that they can board with us since they will be on my sign and sail account. We had already planned for that. If they can't board with us they will just have to wait.:D I am okay either way. I am sure they will figure out what to do when the time comes if we can't board together.

They need to be in the same cabin for the cheers program as me and my husband don't drink.

Here is the answer from Carnival's FAQs:

Priority Check-In Program

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges and guests who purchase the Faster to the Fun program. Cruise tickets for Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe accommodations and those who have purchased the Faster to the Fun program will read, "Please proceed to Priority Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “Priority Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the four categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the Priority Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified Priority guest.

So...if you credit card is linked to their S&S, they can board with you.

Archived