Diamond Dining Question

cynbar

I've read many times that the Diamond has given up the alternative menus in each of their anytime DRs. Some people have said that these DRs sometimes have specials from the former items, such as cheicken fajitas in Santa Fe. Can anyone from recent cruises remember if this was offered to them ?? And, do the 4 DRs still serve their own specialty breads before dinner --- i think it was focaccia in Vivaldi, garlic bread in Sterling, guacamole and chips in Santa Fe??? This was a nice change from regular rolls.

According to the front page article here on cc it looks as though the Diamond has given up all small specialty items. I believe some entree items have been worked into the int'l dining room menus. It's a shame as the 4 themed dining rooms were our favorite part of the Diamond and hubby loved the Tri Colored Pasta in the Vivaldi dining room. Not to mention the sterling restaurant was packed every night.... why did they do away with it?

According to purser it was because it caused much confusion among passengers, some were overused, underused etc. And it was a surprise to them with little notice to change "themed" china etc. over to the standard china now being used. They also needed to use one of them for first sitting traditional on many nights (and still do). They had no specialty breads in either of the two restaurants we ate in.

Archived