Phone Calls from the Ship

Izzybeff

I am sailing on the Dawn in February and was wondering if anyone had made phone calls from the ship. I may need to make a few business calls and I was wondering if the line was clear, could hear the other person speaking, etc.

I know I can buy an international plan for my cell phone, but since we aren't sure if we will have to make the calls or not, we figured it would just be better to do it from the ship. They will be 10 mins or less in length.

Also, do you know what the rate per minute is?

I am sailing on the Dawn in February and was wondering if anyone had made phone calls from the ship. I may need to make a few business calls and I was wondering if the line was clear, could hear the other person speaking, etc.

I know I can buy an international plan for my cell phone, but since we aren't sure if we will have to make the calls or not, we figured it would just be better to do it from the ship. They will be 10 mins or less in length.

Also, do you know what the rate per minute is?

I made a bunch from the Dawn in March. They were perfect, and at $1.99 per minute, cheaper than the $2.49 per minute cell charges and much better quality from the ship's phone!:)

Your international plan (I'm Verizon) won't work on the ship. You then are on "cellular at sea" rates, which as the previous mentioned is $2.50 a minute on your cell phone. The ship phone prices only recently came down to the $1.99 a minute rate from a previous $7 (or more) rate. So that is your best deal.

I made a bunch from the Dawn in March. They were perfect, and at $1.99 per minute, cheaper than the $2.49 per minute cell charges and much better quality from the ship's phone!:)

Your international plan (I'm Verizon) won't work on the ship. You then are on "cellular at sea" rates, which as the previous mentioned is $2.50 a minute on your cell phone. The ship phone prices only recently came down to the $1.99 a minute rate from a previous $7 (or more) rate. So that is your best deal.

Terrific! Thank you for the info. I thought it was $1.99, but just wanted to verify. Yes, calling from the ship seems like the best deal. I'm glad to hear that the phone call is clear. Our clients will never know i'm calling from the middle of the ocean!

On every cruise we were on, our cell phones were on and worked fine for voice and text. Folks are often surprised when we say we are in the middle of the ocean.

Your intl plan or flat rate texting will not mean anything on the ship. ZIP.

Archived