(1) Rate confusion and (2) lack of Promenade rooms on RC website

But mostly ... call RCI directly! Last year, while trying to book 2 cabins connecting and one with a 3rd; I wasn't finding any options ... and I knew the date I wanted because we were cruising with other family members. So I called them and they were able to offer me choices that were NOT on-line and at cheaper rates than what I could find on-line anywhere, even not connecting. Their CS is very good and knowledgeable and was able to answer the questions I had, being this was our first RCI cruise although not our first cruise.

That's a great idea. If we end up skipping the TA, we'll just do that.

Though, we'll probably use a TA anyway. For our son's sake, we're leaning toward the one that specializes in families affected by autism.

That's a great idea. If we end up skipping the TA, we'll just do that.

Though, we'll probably use a TA anyway. For our son's sake, we're leaning toward the one that specializes in families affected by autism.

I don't blame you.

hmmmmm, NCL lets you book directly with them and then transfer your booking to a TA ... we've done it. Does RCI let you do this?

If not, let the TA do the calling and comparisons and then let you know the choices. You know, do their job ... this is what they are very good for (or should be!).

I only recently book myself directly when I know exactly what I want. But alway use a TA when there's a more complicated booking to do all the negotiations. They always have more leverage than I do as an individual.

Archived