Allure of the Seas Complete Guide!

Hello Wildcat just noticed that you asked me why I went on NCL earlier and didn't see it to respond...lets just say we went with family members, and they usually come down to us in Florida and go with us at times, so I felt it would be fair for us to go up to NY and take a cruise from there, then with that being said, I wanted RC ship but my sister in law was so set on the Breakaway being a new and larger ship...well, I gave in even knowing in the past we didn't care for NCL. I went with an open mind (my other half and father in law did to) but to our surprise it was our most hated ship and we won't cruise NCL again. The Breakway had so many negatives and we even felt Carnival was better than this ship haha...but RC is our favorite. I wanted to do Celebrity this year but sister in law was against it says its for "old people" and she wasn't ready for that, heck, we are all in our early 50's we not spring chickens either haha and honestly I would rather cruise with wiser people than young people but we both compromised and chose the Allure (thank goodness).

I was curious to one thing last year during the summer many complained that the stateroom air conditioners weren't that cool, that it got warmer in the middle of the night even on the coolest setting did you encounter this problem?

I am curious, the menu's that RC has online are they the current ones daily, would you happen to have copies of the menu's as we will be choosing 5 evenings specialty dining.

Is Izumi open for lunch, if so do you have the menu and what is the cost (just curious)?

Was the Winjammer really that crowded at lunch, we usually eat lunch around 1:30 would you say we could find a table to eat ok or not?

Thank you.

I do not have the menus. Just got back last night, so I'm not sure if they are the same.

Izumi is open for lunch, and was never that busy. We bought a lot of sushi both to go and for sit down.

Windjammer was very very crowded between 1-2 pm; more than usual for some reason. However, the Park Cafe rarely had a line.

We never saw anyone in the Seafood Shack. I'd say they need to move the price down or redeploy it to a different type of establishment. I'd look to put a Magaritaville or something more festive in that space.

We keep our rooms on the coolest setting at all times. It seemed reasonably cool except one night when one of us accidentally turned off the master switch. It is easy to do, especially in the dark. I suspect many people who are experiencing warmer overnights in fact turned off the master switch while turning all the lights off in the evening. As you probably know, the master switch must ALWAYS be on, or you lose AC. And, you lose AC if the balcony door is open (even cracked). It shuts off the system.

Hello, I didn't know that the Allure had a seafood shack?

I have to be both dairy and gluten free so the Park Cafe having mostly sandwiches, panini's and soup which are all gluten wouldn't be my best choice in going for lunch. I basically eat vegetables, salads, meat carving, hot entree meats and potatoes so I would assume windjammer would be better for me?

Oh noo turning off the master switch not good lol where is this master switch? We also NEVER leave our balcony door open don't want the humidity inside our room. ;)

Hello, I didn't know that the Allure had a seafood shack?

I have to be both dairy and gluten free so the Park Cafe having mostly sandwiches, panini's and soup which are all gluten wouldn't be my best choice in going for lunch. I basically eat vegetables, salads, meat carving, hot entree meats and potatoes so I would assume windjammer would be better for me?

Oh noo turning off the master switch not good lol where is this master switch? We also NEVER leave our balcony door open don't want the humidity inside our room. ;)

Master switch on the wall next to light switches.

Park cafe has made to order salads as well.

Allure has Rita's cantina while oasis has the seafood shack. Allure has the hit dog place while oasis has the donut place.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ok I assume the cabin stewards after they clean the cabin and if nobody is there uses the master switch to save electricity? I will never turn that off lol

Hot dogs hugh...I don't eat them but it sure sounds good to have a couple for snack during the cruise does it stay open to late hours in the night?

I heard the mexican restaurant isn't that good.... :rolleyes:

Ok I assume the cabin stewards after they clean the cabin and if nobody is there uses the master switch to save electricity? I will never turn that off lol

Hot dogs hugh...I don't eat them but it sure sounds good to have a couple for snack during the cruise does it stay open to late hours in the night?

I heard the mexican restaurant isn't that good.... :rolleyes:

Actually the cabin steward is the one who told us to always leave the master switch on.

Mexican restaurant is somewhat disappointing. Seafood shack is worse.

So glad to hear no smoking on balconies.

Re the Valet Luggage service - would you know if this is available for international flights or is it just US flights.

Thanks for the reviews.

Good question on valet service for international flights. Not sure.

I recently sailed on the March 16, 2014 Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I was sitting on my balcony the last night before disembarkation and smelled marijuana coming from another balcony:mad:. Couldn't pinpoint from what balcony but I thought that was so inconsiderate. I retreated into my cabin. I also wondered how the heck they got it on board. On another incident, a young inebriated man was on an elevator smoking a cigarette. He acknowledged that he was not supposed to smoke on the elevator and said he did not care. and did not extinguish the cigarette: I also saw young kids playing on the stairs as late as midnight-- jumping from the stairs onto the landing and running up and down the stairs; where were the parents?

In spite of these incidents, I had a wonderful cruise!

Thanks for the information. Going on the Allure next week with our family of 10 including four grandchildren. Will definitely try the Park Cafe for breakfast and/or lunch.

Are the steaks at Chops more like those at an Outback or Ruth's Chris?

Thanks for the information. Going on the Allure next week with our family of 10 including four grandchildren. Will definitely try the Park Cafe for breakfast and/or lunch.

Are the steaks at Chops more like those at an Outback or Ruth's Chris?

Good question. I'm sure everyone has an opinion and I am very picky about steaks. Jeff Ruby streaks (Cincinnati folks will know) are the absolute best I've had anywhere. Id rank Morton's next and then Ruth Chris and del Frisco as far as chains. The regular strip steak in the MDR is fine for kids and teens. My son are it almost every night on the last 4 cruises and he's 15 now. I would order them medium or medium rare because they can get a little tough.

If you order a filet at Chop's, I'd say it is similar to Ruth Chris. If you order at the MDR with the $16.95 up charge, it seems a bit more dry. If you like sauces, definitely get all the steaks with peppercorn or bernaise. I'd also order Chop's steaks a tad more rare than usual to preserve some juiciness.

Wildcat guy--Hi! I live in northern Ky. Going on the Allure April 6th. Just wanted to say hey from NKY!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You'll have a blast. Hopefully I will be in Dallas at the final four cheering on my wildcats that weekend! Headed to Indy this Friday for the sweet 16 game vs U of Smell.