Excursion cancellation fee?

Straitlover

You have to cancel at least 24 hours in advance.

As with anything in life, there are some exceptions.

The exception I received could have been the way I handled it, or could have been for other reasons.

The morning of the excursion, my wife was not feeling well. I knew the cancellation policy. I went to the excursion desk with tickets in hand and offered these tickets free of charge to any crew members or guests who may want them.

After I explained why, they smiled, took the tickets back and refunded my account.

I always book thru Carnival because I feel that if I needed to cancel, I would have a better chance getting my money from someone I am looking in the eye, and not emailing. Only time we had any kind of disturbance was when the beach was black flagged in Cozumel because a hurricane had just passed and our snorkel tour was cancelled. Got the OBC that day and we went to a beach and rented snorkel gear there.

Our last cruise, the ship had to wait on a bus load of drunks from the Tiami catamaran cruise. Nice knowing that the ship would not leave us behind because of an over indulgence by 2/3 of the people on the tour!

It is no fee to cancel if you cancel before boarding; 25% penalty up to 24 hours before and no refund within 24 hours.

I have seen them make exceptions (my mother and I had booked a shore snorkeling excursion in Belize followed by a 2nd snorkeling excursion the next day in Grand Cayman). I went down, more than 24 hours before and explained that I needed to cancel because my mom had had a panic attack as soon as she stepped in the water in Belize (she hung out on the beach instead). I expected a 75% refund and they gave me the whole thing back.

If the weather is not great, such as a tropical rain storm, or if you have a medical issue, Carnival will often cancel your tickets without any fee. I have had more then one occasion where I had to ask to cancel the tickets with in an hour of an excursion and the shore excursion staff was very helpful. However, one time, they did require my wife to go to the doctors on the ship.

Archived