Things that can spoil your cruise vacation.

drfun48

Little do you know. I actually have pictures of your DC's doing all of those things and more. Some you really don't want to go public on YouTube. So, what's it gunna be? I'll be down your way next Sept and we can settle up. What ya say?

Say it isn't so Captain:o

At least you were kind enough not to post it on youtube, thank you.

Let me know when and where you want to settle up, don't want to add this to the things that can spoil our family cruise, haha

God bless you Captain:)

TraceyG

Edited by dandtgeddes
grammar

My biggest disappointment is that I have had to give up grapes on cruises. (deep sigh) I love grapes and I just can't find anyone who will peel them for me anymore.

And one more thing, How do I get my own personal stuart? In 22 years of cruising I have never had one of those. Oh, DW just informed me it is 'steward'. Never mind!

Hello, my name is quepaquete and I'm a cruiseaholic! and I'M NOT ELITE!

I have a story to share, on our last cruise on Celebrity my coffee was served on a unmatched cup and saucer. I noticed the little plate seemed too big for the little cup. OHHH! The Horror!!!:eek:

Well, when the Maitre'D stopped to say hello (I guess he didn't know we are not elite), he noticed it and told the waiter, who promptly replaced the little plate. I was so mortified. How could they do this to us. I was traumatized for the the rest of the cruise. What else out there is missmatched?????

Then I realized, the assistance waiter must know we are not elite!!!!!!OH NOOO!!!. This was his way to let us know, that he knows. All those friendly greetings from him and the waiter, were just fake. Trying to make us feel like we were elite..... So stressfull. I don't know if I can cruise again...... That may have cured me from my vice of cruising. :D

Edited by quepaquete

Hello, my name is quepaquete and I'm a cruiseaholic! and I'M NOT ELITE!

I have a story to share, on our last cruise on Celebrity my coffee was served on a unmatched cup and saucer. I noticed the little plate seemed too big for the little cup. OHHH! The Horror!!!:eek:

Well, when the Maitre'D stopped to say hello (I guess he didn't know we are not elite), he noticed it and told the waiter, who promptly replaced the little plate. I was so mortified. How could they do this to us. I was traumatized for the the rest of the cruise. What else out there is missmatched?????

Then I realized, the assistance waiter must know we are not elite!!!!!!OH NOOO!!!. This was his way to let us know, that he knows. All those friendly greetings from him and the waiter, were just fake. Trying to make us feel like we were elite..... So stressfull. I don't know if I can cruise again...... That may have cured me from my vice of cruising. :D

Too funny. I have sad news for you Jorge, if you keep cruising the unthinkable will happen to you. You will be elite:eek: Then what will you do?

I followed your recommended steps as far as I could...

These are ALL the steps for 1 stir fried pepper:

*get dressed

*drive to store

*park the car

*pick out the pepper

*buy the #* pepper

But this is as far as I got before I nearly collapsed from exhaustion. :eek:

My cries for the Concierge and the Maitre D went unnoticed and unanswered even AFTER I started kicking and screaming and rolling on the floor of the supermarket. :(

I was finally rescued by kindly young medical professionals in lovely white long jackets. :)

It actually worked out QUITE nicely as those kindly young men assisted me into a wonderfully equipped, "high priority ground transportation vehicle" that whisked me at high speed (through traffic that had been stopped specifically for my passage!) to an AMAZING facility where I have received the HIGHEST quality of care, attention and service, equal to that of almost ANY cruise ship! :D

I have my OWN PRIVATE ROOM with a PERSONAL security guard 24/7!!!

As previous posters have mentioned their dismay at having to actually feed themselves, I have SEVERAL attendants who do that for me AT EVERY MEAL!!!

;)

I believe I just may have found the ultimate answer to the continually declining standards of many cruise lines and HIGHLY RECOMMEND this MOST WONDERFUL new experience! :cool:

*pay for it and bag it

*drive back home

*take it out of the bag

*get out the knife

*and the pan

*and the oil

*and the wooden spoon

*wash and cut the #$! pepper

*cook the %^$!pepper

*eat the (&*! pepper

you're not done yet!

*clean the pan, the spoon, the fork and the plate!

PS - we are leaving for a trip to Bermuda in an hour and I get to eat all the damn peppers I want this week!

Thank you again for your helpful hint!

Too funny. I have sad news for you Jorge, if you keep cruising the unthinkable will happen to you. You will be elite:eek: Then what will you do?

I will ask for a free cruise if the assistant waiter mismatches the cup and saucer again. Or if the Maitre'D doesn't stop by our table and chats. :D

You bet I will be at the elite reception to get my "free" drink, and the waiters there better smile, or else.

What I want to know is how Celebrity expects to be able to properly embroider my wife's name on our robes, pillows, and napkins during our honeymoon cruise. All of our boarding documents have to be in her maiden name! If Celebrity thinks she's going to wipe her face with a napkin that doesn't have her proper (new) name on it, they've got another thing coming.

The nerve of this cruise line, making all the documents match her passport. It's not like they can't tell by the picture on the passport that she's the same woman, and the US government is no help at all either. They say that they can't change a passport the same day we get married. I've seen those little printers they have in the post office!

What's worse, I talked to our former travel agent about it and she said cruise lines don't embroider napkins and pillows. Fired her on the spot. She obviously doesn't know what she's talking about.

And why is it so hard to find a bar ? Sometimes I have to crawl 20 or 30 yards to get to the next one. And why does someone keep picking up the olives I drop to mark my path back to my cabin ?

Blu should be open 24/7!!!:p

I should be able to order from MY HOUSE, fly to the ship & take it home!!!:mad:

Folks, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this is NOT unreasonable!!!:D

And why is it so hard to find a bar ? Sometimes I have to crawl 20 or 30 yards to get to the next one. And why does someone keep picking up the olives I drop to mark my path back to my cabin ?

Like.

TOP TIP - use cocktail sticks to secure the olives to the carpet so they do not roll around and confuse your route-finding (or better still get the staff to mark your route for you (like they did in the old days)). :D

Like.

TOP TIP - use cocktail sticks to secure the olives to the carpet so they do not roll around and confuse your route-finding (or better still get the staff to mark your route for you (like they did in the old days)). :D

Thats so funny! So good to wake up to a good laugh!

P.s. love your signature quote about soldiers and teachers, amen to that!

We just got off the ship a few hours and that's when it hit me - I had the most horrible pain! I thought I was going to die! It took me awhile but I realized it was only an unfamiliar pain of hunger.

We stopped for groceries on the way home. My husband made me get of the car and buy food! And of all days to go to the self check out line too! I was exhausted! I hope to GOD, for his sake, that he doesn't expect me to cook tonight!

I also went into a slight panic this week while on board. As I was sitting on the toilet I realized we were almost to the end of the roll. No need to gasp - I had enough, but I did make a conscious effort not to go again in fear of being the one to actually have to change it!

It's only 2 PM - it's too early to have a drink, right?

I was going to book an inside cabin but they said I would have to help row or deliver breakfast. I know the cabin is cheaper but this is going too far.

There is another option.....you can help make ice for the drinks that everyone that booked an ocean view or higher cabin will be drinking as part of their free Classic drinks package.

I was shocked on the last day that nobody turned up to pack my bag and put it in the corridor, I even had to select what outfit I was going to have to fly home in - too much pressure

I was pretty pissed off (I really WAS!) that there was no "good morning mam" room service on that last morning.