Things that can spoil your cruise vacation.

drfun48

Well what really got my goat was when they informed me that I could not fly my kite on "my" balcony. Really?? Next thing they say no water skiing in ships wake either .. And y'all teed off about the pepper mills.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well what really got my goat was when they informed me that I could not fly my kite on "my" balcony. Really?? Next thing they say no water skiing in ships wake either .. And y'all teed off about the pepper mills.

We tried running lines off 'our' balcony and apparently, that is not allowed either!! What is Celebrity thinking?? Put a good southern man on a boat and of course he's gonna fish!!!! (....also no shooting at endangered animals in the Alaskan wilderness.....whatever!!)

We tried running lines off 'our' balcony and apparently, that is not allowed either!! What is Celebrity thinking?? Put a good southern man on a boat and of course he's gonna fish!!!! (....also no shooting at endangered animals in the Alaskan wilderness.....whatever!!)

All you need to do is pack your Popeil's pocket fisherman in your luggage and you're all good to go. The people that scan luggage are more concerned about people smuggling in booze in their shampoo, mouthwash and contact lens bottles anyway.

I wanted to write and complain about the standards dropping on Celebrity, but when I rang the UK office to Ask if they would send a typist to my home and type it for me, guess what I was told ............".I would have to type it myself AND post it myself "

How dare they treat me this way :eek:

Edited by Callyscally

I seriously was annoyed when at the ice show on our last cruise the skaters kept falling. I could have gotten out there and done that. And with no training mind you.

The other issue I had was while in the pool. I think the captain could have made the boat a lot less rocky so the water would not have slapped me over the face and almost drowned me.

:p

deleted

Edited by ghstudio

I wanted to write and complain about the standards dropping on Celebrity, but when I rang the UK office to Ask if they would send a typist to my home and type it for me, guess what I was told ............".I would have to type it myself AND post it myself "

How dare they treat me this way :eek:

Wow......and we thought it was bad here in the States. Good luck to you, my friend, and be safe.

I can't stand the nerve of these cruise ship designers, putting stairs and gyms on the ship. It is just plain rude of them to remind me that I'm being gluttonous and a sloth.

AND a scale?! Come on, really! Who is going to weigh themselves ON a cruise?!

Why can't they give us good weather and smooth seas everyday? On our recent cruise home from Hawaii it was rainy, blustery and very rough seas. I was on the elevator the next day and an officer asked if we were enjoying our cruise - he actually apologized for the weather the previous day - I said: Ship happens...

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned home from the Equinox and boy are my fingers tired. I had to push a button to get an elevator ,then I had to push another to select the floor.

Next I had to push a button to get ice from the dispenser and the hold the cold glass as it filled up...I think I have frostbite.

Next there was no one there to help me move my mouse in the computer center...and i have a total fear of rodents.

And getting back to my cabin I had to flip the light switch up. Does anyone appreciate how hard that can be after spending a full day lifting adult beverages ?

Cruising is not what it once was.

Holy Moly! So basically, what you are telling us is that you were actually employed by the cruise line????? I am certain they paid you for all of that work! I got tired just reading!!!!!! I wonder if there are positions available on my next cruise.......might could use the extra $$$ for a massage, seeing as how I am in Aqua Deck 11 and THERE IS NO ELEVATOR! I have to walk down some 20 stairs to get to the Mast Bar. I KNOW my legs are going to be sore! :eek:

Why do the cruise lines insist on forcing us to participate in a Mustard Drill at the start of each cruise? I have been putting mustrad on my food for over 50 years and do not need to attend such a drill, much less sit through a video which has absolutely nothing to do with mustard.

While on the subject, why are we assigned to a specific Mustard Station. Is it too much to ask that we be able to find all of our condiments in one place at the buffet?

Oh no , Onessa- they can´t do that- can you imagine the increase of poeple including their movers pushed over board, when they are in the way??? Esp. on the jogging track- where people who found a raisin in their ice cream are trying to get rid of the extra calories???

Wonderful Thread- keep going!

Michael

Well. The most irritating thing happened to me on not one but two recent cruises. My wife needed a wheelchair for both of the trips. Not one crew member on either boat was assigned to push the things. I had to do it all by myself. Oo-ooh that burned me up! :mad: So exhausting. At the very least they could have provided an electric one and my wife could have driven herself....

And the passengers. Don't get me started....Most irrational freakin' people ... ...they kept moving aside for us in the halls and shops and dining room and theatre, and the result was that I had to hurry up and pass them all...nearly got a hernia...

While on the subject, why are we assigned to a specific Mustard Station.

I know, it really sucks because sometimes you're in the mood for a hearty stone ground or a sweet honey type or a spicy German or some Grey Poupon and if you're in the mood for one particular type and you're assigned to another...then you have to eat your pretzels naked, which makes you thirsty, which then causes you to go to the bar for another drink, which, when I think about it, isn't a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Please tell me that you can at least still shoot at the non-endangered animals! I don't know what DH would do if they eliminated all the hunting after they eliminated the fishing.

Airports have people movers, why can't Celbrity outfit the hallways with them - or at very least the running track!

Now that is a good idea right there! Just need to make sure your room steward has your door open for you so you can jump off into your cabin as you pass by!