Need info on how to upgrade

We will be going on the Navigator on August 20. We have two cabins (an inside and and an outside balcony). We were thinking about upgrading to a suite. We've never done this and would like some advise. Here's some questions:

1. We have onboard credits for each of the cabins....$100 for booking last year when we cruised and one that we cashed in points with our Royal Caribbean Visa card. For each cabin the credits amount to $150. Would the complete $300 credit transfer to an updradged cabin?

2. How much would it cost to upgrade to a suite? We are traveling with two kids ( 16yr and 13yr).

3. What are the sleeping arrangements like? Are there two bedrooms?

4. Is it worth it?

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks

There is some list of the standard upgrade prices. I have seen it bofore, but can't recall where. The problem rests if there will be suites available whne you board. I agree even then your onboard credit will follow you. Its just pot luck as to what is available. Not sure it affects suites as they are likely in the best ship areas, but you won't have many choices to choose from.

(This is beachchick)

The only suites that have 2 bedrooms are the Royal Family Suites. There are only a few and they are usually booked up months in advance. It's very unlikely that you would be able to upgrade to an RFS at the pier. Otherwise, the suites are all large but do not have even one separate bedroom (except the Royal Suite). The JS, GS, and OS suites have large sitting areas and separate spaces, but are all one room.

I don't know how it would work moving from two cabins to one. I would guess that you would keep your onboard booking credit as long as the booking number follows your upgrade. If you upgrade at the pier, I imagine your credits would simply be transfered at that time.

As for cost at the pier, it varies but the average for a seven night cruise is $100 to upgrade within cabin type (e.g., inside to inside); $400 to go to the next level (e.g., oceanview to balcony); and about $700 to go up 2 types (e.g., oceanview to suite, except RS, which is always higher). These prices are subject to change and I'm just remembering them from previous cruises. Also, they are per cabin, not per person. I've seen suite to suite be listed as the same cost as balcony to suite, but it depends on the cruise. Often there are no pier upgrades at all.

I'd say to upgrade from a balcony and an inside to one suite would cost about $1100 total. But unless it was an RFS, you would end up with one bathroom instead of two and no separate bedroom at all.

I've never seen an RFS available at the pier, but I suppose it could happen. Basically, you just take your chances that anything you want will be available and that the cost will be acceptable.

beachchick

If you all want to be in the same cabin. You have to upgrade with your Travel agent. As for waiting till you get to the pier you can upgrade your cabin if available for $400 Balcony to Suite. As for the inside cabin, I heard one couple who tried to do it with thier children who were in an inside cabin and it was not allowed to bring them in thier upgraded cabin. But it could be hearsay. Also time of cruises are important for upgrades. Summer time is slim along with Holidays. Slow seasons are the easiest. Look up your sailing weekly

to see availability and try to judge from that. Like it was said earlier, there are no guarantees.

Archived