Bon Voyage Experience

seamwoman

We are on the Dec 15 Royal cruise. How can I find out if the BVE is available and how do I arrange it? My TA is not familiar with it.
I was going to say, call your TA but I guess that's not an option. I'm very surprised they aren't familiar with the BVE as it's been available for a couple of years.

I've done the BVE twice and enjoyed both times. When you book, it's $39 but if you book a cruise within three months, you get a $39 credit towards your cruise fare. You fill our the Personalizer just as you would for a cruise and print a boarding pass. Regardless of what time the instructions or boarding pass say, get to the pier at about 10:30am for check-in.

There are several threads with very detailed descriptions of the BVE.

Waltd, Greg and Pam. The BVE is available for our cruise! The information from

Onesource is just what I needed. I have read your reviews Pam which is why I think me son would enjoy it after taking us to the port. It was not available on the TA on the CB in April. Karen

It was not available on the TA on the CB in April.
It's available only in some ports and only on ships with cruises departing and returning to the same US port. This is due to Homeland Security. When you book the BVE, you need the same ID documentation (passport or certified birth certificate and government ID) as you would to book a cruise.

Well that is good news. As Pam has said have your son get there early. The more time on board the better. The only down side is the BVE can be canceled the same day as the BVE. Have a phone number that Princess can reach you or your son at just in case. Things like Noro Virus could keep everyone off the ship while they clean it. Just have a backup plan for your son.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived