Breakaway: Inside vs. Balcony

R&D'sNona

Hello all. My DH and I - both fairly small people - are thinking of a 12-day cruise on Breakaway to Southern Caribbean, having been to Bermuda 3x. We've never had anything other than a balcony, ever. I've heard complaints that the balconies are really small on Breakaway so, to save money we were thinking of getting an inside cabin. Any suggestions?

Hello all. My DH and I - both fairly small people - are thinking of a 12-day cruise on Breakaway to Southern Caribbean' date=' having been to Bermuda 3x. We've never had anything other than a balcony, ever. I've heard complaints that the balconies are really small on Breakaway so, to save money we were thinking of getting an inside cabin. Any suggestions?[/quote']

Well, if this helps we are in a balcony this coming September that we booked over a year ago and because of the reviews we are booked in an inside on the Getaway...

We had a window room on Breakaway 5th floor and it was a great room- although we didn't request it, it was a connected room so I think it was a little larger than most window rooms.(not all inside cabins are the same size) Even though our friends had a family balcony room, the layout of our room was much better, making the room feel more roomy. Balcony very small.

Safe sailing

We had a window room on Breakaway 5th floor and it was a great room- although we didn't request it, it was a connected room so I think it was a little larger than most window rooms.(not all inside cabins are the same size) Even though our friends had a family balcony room, the layout of our room was much better, making the room feel more roomy. Balcony very small.

Safe sailing

Could you tell me your cabin number? I'm looking at an ocean view on deck 5 of Breakaway for next winter. Any issues with noise from the restaurants/lounges above? How about noise from below? Appreciate any info you can share!

To the OP, I did a 12-day out of NYC on Jewel 6 months ago, and I realllllly enjoyed having a balcony. There are a lot of sea days, and only on the first and last will it probably be too cold to be outside. I don't think I'd give up a balcony for that long of a cruise, even tho they are small. I'm looking at an ocean view cabin just for a 7-day to try out Breakaway and see how I feel about a mega-ship. JMHO

Hi,

I just was on the June 16th sailing of the Breakaway. We had a balcony on deck 13. After I had booked it and very close to the sailing, I heard that the balconies on 13 were the smallest. I don't know if that is true or not, but ours was very tiny. Two regular chairs and one tiny table was all that would fit. You couldn't stretch out at all unless you sat sideways and put your feet up on the other chair. If you sat straight looking out to the water your knees would be almost to the railings (glass panel). Two people could fit out there at once, but it was a little crowded. Can't imagine trying to eat a meal out there, the table was too tiny, you would have to balance everything on your lap, and perhaps put your drink on the table.

That being said, the room/balcony was nice just because of such good views, sound of the ocean, light coming in, etc.

I think I would try a balcony right where the hump comes out...they say they are a little larger. Ours was the first one off the hump the other way. I could not see into the neighbor's balcony to see how theirs was.

OR, I would find a balcony on a different floor.

I have always had an inside room before, because I like dark rooms to sleep in. I had no problem sleeping in this room, as the drapes are room darkening. I liked having the natural light in the room during the day, and being able to see where we were in the mornings.

We had a balcony on the 14th deck, on the back hump on the right, about 6 cabins from the back of the ship so very quiet as few pass by the hallway.

Yes our balcony was smaller then we are used to, table and chairs the same size as other NCL ships but a tight area.

We made it work, had our coffee there each morning and wine each night. Did have room service three times and ate on the balcony.

When in port we faced the ocean, very peaceful.

Our bed was next to the balcony so this cabin felt bigger than any other balcony cabin we have been on, The Pearl, POA or the Epic.

I have this thing about the ocean, I need to see it, hear it and smell it! So it is always a balcony for us

Hi! We were on June 16 breakaway cruise and we had a hump balcony. Cabin 11782. We could see our neighbors regular balcony and ours was much larger. Same price. If you decide you want a balcony, Try to get a hump balcony on any floor except 9. Dh and i always do balconies or mini suites. Did one cruise with a friend who had less discretionary spending ability and we shared an inside. I really missed having the balcony. I don't think I would do it for 12 days. We looked at the 12 day Carib cruise on breakaway and thought it was a bit too pricey, but we want to cruiseoutof ny, so we booked the 9 day on the Gem. Got a mini suite for less than the price of an ocean view on breakaway.

Terry

Could you tell me your cabin number? I'm looking at an ocean view on deck 5 of Breakaway for next winter. Any issues with noise from the restaurants/lounges above? How about noise from below? Appreciate any info you can share!

Cabin 5726 near stairs, no noise nice cabin.

No more mega ships for us. The ship was fantastic with so many wonderful ideas, but we couldn't stand the smaller venues, and the laughable pool size. I really hated standing at events, or sitting on the floor in the atrium just to be able to partake in events. I don't regret taking the cruise and the ship is really beautiful, but back to the Jewel class ships for us

Safe sailing

Archived