Virginia birth certificate question

Stevo24

I know the birth certificate topic has been discussed a few times but I have a particular question for those of you that are familiar with VA certificates.

My birth certificate is from the Commonwealth of Virginia 'certificate of live birth'. It does not have a raised seal, instead it is on watermark paper. Although, along the bottom it reads "Do not accept unless on security paper with seal of Vital Statistics clearly impressed". There is nothing impressed on it or anything. There is however a seal of vital records printed on it directly beside those words.

ImageUploadedByForums1373072702.865421.jpg.712c34805074f571a15371e8a7df8c02.jpg

Is this acceptable? Just want to have all my documents in order ahead of time. Thank you for any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic App

My 2 boys were born here in Norfolk. Theirs are identical to that. No problems cruising with them. Although we have had Passports for the past 6 years. They are the same ones I sent off to get those as well.

Don't worry, you will be fine. But if it's going to stress you too much, you could get a Passport. However, the BC is perfectly legal for cruising.

I am originally from va and have the same type of birth certificate and was questioned about it once but it was no big deal. After that I got my passport which is always better to have when travelling to a foreign country. Especially if something were to happen beyond your control and you have to leave the ship at a foreign port

My wife is from Va. she is from, Appalachia, Va. She sent for hers before our first cruise! and thats all she had other than drivers license. She had no problems! We even called Carnival before we cruised to make sure there would be no problem!Have a great cruise!

::Waves from Indian Trail::

Born in Richmond many years ago. Used the very same document to get my passport, even with my Middle name and my mother's First name misspelled (they screwed up when they transposed from the original birth certificate). I've used it several times and no problems.

Archived