Bonvoyage...did you see?

code_d

Well was all set to order from the bonvoyage some Captain Morgan for the room after we paid off our balance. Figured $65 for the liter size bottle was definitely worth it sine it would save about half what my DW would buy in Capt./cokes. My DW tells me they went to $75! I could not believe my luck, and started re-thinking. Then still figured, ok. Went online and it is now $80! All in a few days. Noticed all have gone way up. :eek:

FYI. I was recently in Total Wine and saw a display of Rum Runners! They're not called Rum Runners but they're made exactly the same, sporting pretty colors and animal print designs. If there's a Total Wine in your area, no need to order.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Won't be buying from Voyage this year. I think about 2 years ago I bought a bottle and never did open it. I'm not much of a drinker anyway and may only have about on average one drink a day. Cheaper to buy it from the bars.

Did anyone get a look at what they want for a 4 pack of beer. NO WAY!!!

Won't be buying from Voyage this year. I think about 2 years ago I bought a bottle and never did open it. I'm not much of a drinker anyway and may only have about on average one drink a day. Cheaper to buy it from the bars.

Did anyone get a look at what they want for a 4 pack of beer. NO WAY!!!

The beer/alcohol is way overpriced on bon voyage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I've used rum runners on several cruises with several different lines and have never been caught. They are an excellent purchase. I bought mine from Amazon.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Well was all set to order from the bonvoyage some Captain Morgan for the room after we paid off our balance. Figured $65 for the liter size bottle was definitely worth it sine it would save about half what my DW would buy in Capt./cokes. My DW tells me they went to $75! I could not believe my luck, and started re-thinking. Then still figured, ok. Went online and it is now $80! All in a few days. Noticed all have gone way up. :eek:

People started posting about the liquor price increases here on the board a couple weeks ago. The liquor disappeared from the bon voyage webpages for a while, then the pages reappeared with increased prices. There was also discussion on the board that it would likely increase liquor smuggling.

I've noticed some of the cruise prices are increasing too. Wonder how long they can make that stick when bookings drop more.

Wanting $10 for a six pack of coke is also highway robbery. I can buy a six pack for $1.50. Come on Carnival you are nothing but thieves. I sure am happy we can carry on our water. Oh they increased the price of the big bottle of water in your cabin from $3.25, that is what it was in December 2013, to $5.00 now.

We are just off the first Baltic Cruise on the Carnival Legend and it took 3 days to get our Bon Voyage order of a bottle of Bourbon.It was not in our cabin when we boarded.Every time we complained we had not received it we were given made up answers,talk about a runaround!! Forget Guest Services they first said it was the responsibility of the Dining room. The next day they said the liquor store would deliver it.They didn't. The next day my husband went to guest services and said if he didn't get it right that minute he wanted his money back.When he said that they went right to a bar and grabbed a bottle for him.They charge way to much to have to put up with that mess.

The food in the dining room was terrible as was the service there..Several of us on our roll call had problems finding something to order.When the food arrived it was tasteless.The food has really gone down hill since our Magic cruise 2 years ago.The lunch and desserts on Lido at lunch were very good.

Letsgo39

It sucks that the prices went up. I am glad I ordered my bottles when this topic first came up a few weeks ago. The site was down, so I called and ordered my bottle of Captain and bottle of vodka at the old price. If I hadn't I still probably would have ordered because even at the new prices, room made cocktails will be cheaper than the bars. I will still order drinks from the bars as well. I am on vacation. If I was doing a land vacation in a tourist area, I would expect the prices of cocktails to be higher than my local watering hole as well.

I don't enjoy paying $15 for a martini when we go out to eat in the city, but that is the going rate. I am not going to smuggle liquor in a restaurant in NYC (but if you want to do that, I won't judge you). Restaurant, cruises, hotels all businesses. Businesses are in business to make money. It is not a conspiracy, it is economics.

Why do the prices change so much? When is the best time to buy?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Carnival is trying to determine the price point that will still get them sales and increased profits. The best time to buy is when you arrive in port and find the nearest liquor store. You'll pay a fraction of the cost that the ship will charge. You'll need something to put it in though so google rum runners :) Luckily I drink wine and dh prefers beer :)

Just looked at a list from Feb. 2012 and most booze went up $15 since but some only $10... Baileys only went up $5 as did Remy and Cherry Brandy.

It seems like the higher the price last year you got the $10 increase and it seems most rum and Vodka went up $15 as did Tequila.

I'm not sure what to do on upcoming cruise. Sure wish the Fantasy had the cheers program!

It sucks that the prices went up. I am glad I ordered my bottles when this topic first came up a few weeks ago. The site was down' date=' so I called and ordered my bottle of Captain and bottle of vodka at the old price. If I hadn't I still probably would have ordered because even at the new prices, room made cocktails will be cheaper than the bars. I will still order drinks from the bars as well. I am on vacation. If I was doing a land vacation in a tourist area, I would expect the prices of cocktails to be higher than my local watering hole as well.

I don't enjoy paying $15 for a martini when we go out to eat in the city, but that is the going rate. I am not going to smuggle liquor in a restaurant in NYC (but if you want to do that, I won't judge you). Restaurant, cruises, hotels all businesses. Businesses are in business to make money. It is not a conspiracy, it is economics.[/quote']

Comparing apples to oranges. On a cruise ship you are a captive audience. On vacation I will pay the going rate at the restaurant for the drinks I want. But then when I want to go down to the pool I can have my own bottle of rum, paid for at the regular liquor store price, make as many drinks as I want and hang out at the pool. No one is going to say you can't do that at a resort. The point here is that Carnival is charging now about 4X the actual price of a bottle. Sure I'd pay a premium. Honestly about $45 would be a fair price. But 80 for a bottle of Captain, come on now.

Hi Judy: You may recall that my main reason for cancelling the Legend cruise was due to our experiences last summer on the inaugural cruise of the Breeze... especially the food. Sorry to hear this.. but at the same time... I am glad I did not take this one... I really miss seeing you as well as Mark and his family... but I feared we might have such an experience as well. Let's hope Carnival gets their act together and as I still am a fan of them....

We are just off the first Baltic Cruise on the Carnival Legend and it took 3 days to get our Bon Voyage order of a bottle of Bourbon.It was not in our cabin when we boarded.Every time we complained we had not received it we were given made up answers,talk about a runaround!! Forget Guest Services they first said it was the responsibility of the Dining room. The next day they said the liquor store would deliver it.They didn't. The next day my husband went to guest services and said if he didn't get it right that minute he wanted his money back.When he said that they went right to a bar and grabbed a bottle for him.They charge way to much to have to put up with that mess.

The food in the dining room was terrible as was the service there..Several of us on our roll call had problems finding something to order.When the food arrived it was tasteless.The food has really gone down hill since our Magic cruise 2 years ago.The lunch and desserts on Lido at lunch were very good.

Letsgo39

Hi Judy: You may recall that my main reason for cancelling the Legend cruise was due to our experiences last summer on the inaugural cruise of the Breeze... especially the food. Sorry to hear this.. but at the same time... I am glad I did not take this one... I really miss seeing you as well as Mark and his family... but I feared we might have such an experience as well. Let's hope Carnival gets their act together and as I still am a fan of them....

Hi Clayton, You were definitely missed as we had a great time in these amazing ports.We did take our tours with Mark and Janet and the girls..I am not sorry at all that we went as the ports were just fascinating which was the reason to take this cruise.. I really was disappointed in the food though although some others thought it was fine.I don't think Mike and I will cruise Carnival again unless we are taking the family to Europe again.You really can't beat them for a family vacation.We are booked on Princess next summer for a British Isles cruise and very much enjoyed our Celebrity cruise last year to the Eastern Med.Try some other lines that are known for better food. You might find one you really like. jlj (jet lagged Judy)

Archived