Dream! I'm on the right ship... right?

We went on the Dream and would never do her or her class again. It wasn't the lines that bothered us as much as you couldn't turn around without running into people. It just seemed like everybody stood around right in the walkways instead of getting off to the side so people could pass. This was especially true if you wanted to walk through the buffet area. Instead of lining up against the wall, they would line up right in the middle of the walkway and would give you a dirty look if you said "Excuse me" and wanted through.

There were a lot of things happening in the atrium. If you tried to get to one of the ship's stores, there were throngs of people leaning over the railings on that deck looking down at the action on the atrium floor. Then on the days with the store's sales where they had tables out, it was even worse.

We decided that we will stick with the Conquest class.

Perhaps you had a lot of rude people on that particular cruise. We haven't experienced what you went through on our two Dream cruises.

We actually prefer the Spirit Class ships for their size and how easy it is to get around the ship.:)

I grew up in NY and have lived in many cities. I now live in the country because, well, I don't like being around people. I cant stand stadiums, malls and airplanes. I LOVE people, but being cooped up with humanity brings out the worst in me. Socializing with strangers exhausts me. Oddly enough, I married a man who is totally energized by this :p

I love cruising. I cruised the Dream last year during spring break with max'd occupancy and 1400 some-odd kids aboard. With the exception of one family, who thought the world of themselves, this ship didn't make me feel like I was surrounded by people.

We ate at the buffet a few times, but never at dinner time. Never had more than one person in front of me at the egg station. I do wish that the buffet was laid out with small stations instead of the long line, but mostly that would be for the benefit of return trips.

Have a great cruise !!

I was on the Dream in February of this year and it was definitely crowded but it didn't bother me. I've already booked the Breeze for next year. Just know that there are more people on board this larger vessel and it's noticeable but manageable. I think it's all about your attitude, like everything else.

Probably one of my favorite ships. It had alot of people on it yes, but I didnt think any of the lines were any longer than other ships. Like others have said. Dont expect to go through the buffet at prime eating times and you will be fine. But the same can be said for any ship.

We went on the Dream and would never do her or her class again. It wasn't the lines that bothered us as much as you couldn't turn around without running into people. It just seemed like everybody stood around right in the walkways instead of getting off to the side so people could pass. This was especially true if you wanted to walk through the buffet area. Instead of lining up against the wall, they would line up right in the middle of the walkway and would give you a dirty look if you said "Excuse me" and wanted through.

There were a lot of things happening in the atrium. If you tried to get to one of the ship's stores, there were throngs of people leaning over the railings on that deck looking down at the action on the atrium floor. Then on the days with the store's sales where they had tables out, it was even worse.

We decided that we will stick with the Conquest class.

I totally agree we could not get through to shop at the ship's stores. There were crowds of people just standing around some looking down at the action below. Lines at the buffet were crazy. We had a hard time with getting a lounge chair on the lido deck and was yelled at by a family who thought we took their chair. I will never go back to Carnival.

I'm not at all hard to please on a cruise. I fully realize my needs and desires are in line with 4000 other cruisers. But I seem to read a lot of "too crowded" reviews about the Dream. I have had fantastic times on Pride and Glory. Am I ready for the crowds on the much larger Dream? Or should I be trying to get back on a smaller vessel?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

LOVE the Dream!!! Got my 3rd trip booked on her. My best 2 cruises out of 13 have been on the Dream. I totally believe that she is the best ship that Carnival has. She is about as crowded as the Glory, for comparison sake. The public space to guest ratio is about the same on both ships. My 2 times sailing the Dream, we had 4100 & 4200 on board. She can hold about 400 more guests, so others sailing with those extras will find it more crowded. I have sailed Dream's 2 sister ships when they were both at over 4600 guests, and they were more crowded than the Dream. Breeze was the most crowded. Even still, it wasn't horrible. Lines for the buffet & most food stations were almost always short on all 3 ships, especially the Dream. Crazy short lines on Dream the last time I sailed her. Eating lunch at noon, the back of the line was where the food started every day. Gift shops have been crowded at different times on every ship I've been on. The theater after shows are crowded on every ship. Dream has some great shows!

I find it fascinating that Dream gets picked on so much, as if things are any worse on her than they are on Magic or Breeze. Dream is just simply the kid in school that everyone loves to pick on for no reason, when in reality, that kid is actually a great kid. Most of the actual reviews of Dream that I find are very positive. I think a few things have been unjustifiably perpetuated about the Dream, mainly because of a rough start (that turned around quickly) and too much comparing to the Oasis of the Seas at the time.

We were on the Dream June 1-8. It felt crowded because the under 18 passenger count was 1,100 as we were told by the loyalty desk crew member and there were 4,600 pax on board. The lines for lunch were always long!! I'm sure if we cruised Dream again in off season, it would be much different!

This is the key point. Most cruise ships are crowded. However, during the summer or holiday season, with another thousand or so young people onboard, it becomes overcrowded. Overcrowded is a subjective terms, but there are areas of the ship, like the buffet, that cannot handle all the people.

We were just on the Dream a little over a month ago and we really enjoyed it. You can find my FULL review in my signature line and TONS of pictures. You will find that there doesn't seem to be a lot of people in my pictures, so there are plenty of times that it will not feel crowded. Then there are other times that you will feel crowded (like embarkation or coming back from the ports or certain pool parties and so on). This is no different than any other ship. I am normally a NCL cruiser and I would not hesitate to go on Carnival again and do plan to try the Breeze or Magic. :D I will however admit that out of all of the cruises I have been on, the Dream did feel the most crowded. I can also confirm that when we went, the Dream was completely sold out too (and I had never been on a sold out ship before). It also depends on the time of year you are going as well. So, a lot of factors will fall in to play with your particular cruise. I wouldn't let that stop you. :)

All good info, thank you folks. Hello Mitsu, I had to cancel my Breeze cruise due to some issues with my job. But I am currently looking at rebooking for a later date when it wont be an issue. I have to admit that I am not a fan of crowds, and that would be a sore factor for me. However I have managed to deal with crowds in the past, and I am sure that it could be easily done by avoiding prime times. Hopefully I will be able to rebook soon.

All good info, thank you folks. Hello Mitsu, I had to cancel my Breeze cruise due to some issues with my job. But I am currently looking at rebooking for a later date when it wont be an issue. I have to admit that I am not a fan of crowds, and that would be a sore factor for me. However I have managed to deal with crowds in the past, and I am sure that it could be easily done by avoiding prime times. Hopefully I will be able to rebook soon.

Well hello there Gambee. Good to see you (and I have to say I completely enjoyed your Breakaway review...as always). So sorry you had to cancel your Breeze cruise. Darn. I was looking forward to reading your review because I'm pretty sure that's the next Carnival ship I want to experience. However, if you are rescheduling, I'm sure you'll still probably make it on there before I will (since I still have a Jewel cruise coming up).

BTW, for someone who doesn't like the crowds...eh hem Allure/Breakaway.... :D You sure wouldn't be able to tell. :p

Well hello there Gambee. Good to see you (and I have to say I completely enjoyed your Breakaway review...as always). So sorry you had to cancel your Breeze cruise. Darn. I was looking forward to reading your review because I'm pretty sure that's the next Carnival ship I want to experience. However, if you are rescheduling, I'm sure you'll still probably make it on there before I will (since I still have a Jewel cruise coming up).

BTW, for someone who doesn't like the crowds...eh hem Allure/Breakaway.... :D You sure wouldn't be able to tell. :p

Beleive it or not, those two ships were not that bad at all. Both vessels distribute the people incredibly well. Well except for embarkation day :D

Beleive it or not, those two ships were not that bad at all. Both vessels distribute the people incredibly well. Well except for embarkation day :D

Gambee and Gambee's mom are just too busy eating to notice the people. ;) :D

Archived