Announcements over the PA system

cdn.cruiser

Am I correct in assuming that announcement won't come over the PA system in our cabins.

It is annoying hearing announcements when you are sleeping in in the morning.

Thanks

Yes, that is correct.

Am I correct in assuming that announcement won't come over the PA system in our cabins.

It is annoying hearing announcements when you are sleeping in in the morning.

Thanks

Correct..turn tv on for announcements...only Emergency announcements will sound in your cabin

Correct..turn tv on for announcements...only Emergency announcements will sound in your cabin

This is the way it is supposed to be. Unfortunately on our Naurica Lisbon to Southampton cruise in June the captin made all his announcements into the cabin. I know we could have said something about it, but it was short cruise of just 7 days and we lived with it - gone most of the time during the day so it wasn't too bad. He did surprise me a few times around 5 when I was taking my pre-cocktail nap,though!

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe a Nautica thing. Just off "Voyage of the Midnight Sun" and it seemed that many announcements were in the room

What you need to remember is that:

A) The Captain has options when it comes to broadcasting each Announcement. The more important ones are always heard throughout the ship.

B) The Passenger(s) who were in your cabin before may have requested that ALL ANNOUNCEMENTS be heard in their cabin (some people HATE missing anything).

Asking that your cabin loudspeakers be reset, will get things back to where non-emergent messages may only be heard if the television is on in your room.

The Passenger(s) who were in your cabin before may have requested that ALL ANNOUNCEMENTS be heard in their cabin (some people HATE missing anything).

Asking that your cabin loudspeakers be reset, will get things back to where non-emergent messages may only be heard if the television is on in your room.

I didn't know that. Thanks.

A) The Captain has options when it comes to broadcasting each Announcement. The more important ones are always heard throughout the ship.

B) The Passenger(s) who were in your cabin before may have requested that ALL ANNOUNCEMENTS be heard in their cabin (some people HATE missing anything).

Or it could be they just hit all the switches in the bridge for announcements:rolleyes:

I do hate those announcements when resting in the cabin ..emergency one are the only ones I want to hear:D

Archived