Belize with small kids. Please Help

ambersue

I am looking for an excursion for my husband, two daughters (4 and 2) and myself. I was going to go cave tubing and although bz said he was able to take my girls, you all have me second guessing the safety of taking such young children through the caves. What else do you all recommend that will keep their interest. I don't want to do something we can do anywhere (the zoo) Please help

Thanks, Amber

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 4 and 2 year old and originally had scheduled the cave tubing but decided against it for several reasons, including safety and the trouble of potentially long walks in the heat and other non-kid optimal stuff.

So, now I booked (through NCL but you can do it third party I'm sure) a river boat ride and trip to the Belize Zoo. I think my kids in particular will enjoy seeing the wildlife along the river and in the Zoo.

Hi,

Which NCL trip will you be on? We are taking kids/grandkids and have the 4 & 2 year olds too. We are on the 3/23/13 out of New Orleans. I am also trying to figure out excursions as our somewhat older grandkids will be doing the exciting stuff!

Cheers,

If you're asking me, we on the Dawn out of Tampa 11/24/13. We're doing LIttle French Key in Roatan, the above described in Belize, Almaplena in Costa Maya and a jeep excursion (they have car seats available) in Cozumel.

We took our daughter cave tubing when she was 3 years old (with .bz) and she loved it. We went again a few months ago (she is now 5 years old and we also took my grandson who is the same age). We did not have any concerns either time.

We have also done Bannister island with her (when she was 4 years old) last December. She loved the starfish.

I have reviews for all of them in my signature line. There are 2 reviews from cavetubing and 1 from Bannister Island. Just click on the links. :)

Archived