Freedom Balcony: Balcony Dividers

I was just searching through older threads and I saw back in early June that there was a rumor that they are no longer opening the balcony dividers on Freedom (or possibly any other RCCL ship) anymore. Anyone been on her recently and had the divider opened?

DH & I have a balcony guarantee as do my in-laws and we sail on 28 JUL and we're hoping that our rooms are next to one another so we have a "larger balcony experience". :D (I think that we'd be more prone to use it; however, I know it's the luck of the draw once rooms are issued. We do have linked reservations and originally requested connecting rooms.)

Fair Winds to All!

Lady_G

I was just searching through older threads and I saw back in early June that there was a rumor that they are no longer opening the balcony dividers on Freedom (or possibly any other RCCL ship) anymore. Anyone been on her recently and had the divider opened?

DH & I have a balcony guarantee as do my in-laws and we sail on 28 JUL and we're hoping that our rooms are next to one another so we have a "larger balcony experience". :D (I think that we'd be more prone to use it; however, I know it's the luck of the draw once rooms are issued. We do have linked reservations and originally requested connecting rooms.)

Fair Winds to All!

Lady_G

It's physically possible to open the dividers on the side facing balconies, but it's up to ship managament if it will be allowed. One cruise it might be allowed, and the next it might not. All you can do is ask your stateroom attendant.

It's physically possible to open the dividers on the side facing balconies, but it's up to ship managament if it will be allowed. One cruise it might be allowed, and the next it might not. All you can do is ask your stateroom attendant.

Thank you! There needs to be a lot in "our favor" to get the connecting rooms; however, I'm just ecstatic that we ended up getting a BAL guarantee for LESS than we initially paid for our inside room! :D

If we get connecting AWESOME, if not, no biggie!!! :D

Lady_G

As noted above, it varies from Ship to Ship, captain to captain and sailing to sailing. IN February, 2012, we were not allowed to open them... "security reasons". IN June, 2012, we could open 3 consecutive balconies on the hump:

2012-06-30080506_zps15306333.jpg[/img]

As noted above, it varies from Ship to Ship, captain to captain and sailing to sailing. IN February, 2012, we were not allowed to open them... "security reasons". IN June, 2012, we could open 3 consecutive balconies on the hump:

2012-06-30080506_zps15306333.jpg[/img]

Great photo and thanks!

Archived