Ships changed....

alb1956

So I booked a cruise on the Dream for 2015 and they changed the ship to the Sunshine. Had cove balconies now we have none!?!? How many times has this happened to anyone else??

Although personally not affected by this change there have been quite a few threads about this issue. Maybe do a search on here and you will see what others have experienced/done to resolve their issues with this situation. Hope it works out for your cruise!

I'm in the same boat as you...had a cove on the Dream for May, 2014 and then the ship changed homeports. Carnival put us in a balcony on the Sunshine for the same price plus the $50.00 PP for the change.

After feeling sorry for myself for a couple of days after losing the cove I grabbed a cabin on the Sunshine for the 11-Day repositioning cruise for April, 2014. All is good now!;)

We just live a couple hours from Pt. Canaveral and so sad that the Dream will be gone! The Dream is our favorite overall Carnival ship, but if I were in your shoes, speaking from a lot of experience (I am 50 and been on my 50th cruise last month) I honestly can say the smaller ships offer you a lot less when it comes to buffet (selection/quality/variety). As far as the MDR you will get the same food as if you went on the Dream. Service, always a hit or miss but the Staff on all Carnival ships are very friendly.

If its your only cruise/vacation for the year I would change ships or cruise lines in that fact. May I suggest the week long cruise on the Liberty if your looking to go out of Pt. Canaveral or better yet, the RC Freedom of the Seas? RC is our favorite cruise line.

If you don't mind changing ports, we were booked on the Dream and they switched us to the Sunshine, we called our TA and ask if we could be moved to the Breeze with the same cabin type. We were booked on 8 day on the Dream and went to the 8 day southern itinerary on the Breeze for the same money. The Breeze cruise was a lot more $$$ and the only thing we had to pay was the difference in taxes which amounted to about 30 bucks. We feel we made out well on the switch plus we still get the $50 pp on board credit.

Archived