Spanish med cruise port or starboard?

Taking a 14 day Spanish Med cruise next year on the Indy and looking at the itinerary it looks like being on the Starboard side will be more scenic, but I'm not sure. Has anyone taken this cruise or knows whether port or starboard offers more scenery.

Thanks for any information

Just off Serenade Barcelona / Indy was docked in front of us.... we were on starboard looking at BCN all ships were pointed South to leave port.

Cannes tendered both sides great views

Livorno very commercial port doesn't matter what side

Citavecchia commercial not much to see

Salerno both sides great views

Venice you want to be on deck going in/out both sides great views docked not much to see!

Croatia both sides great views....

It's up to you!

Taking a 14 day Spanish Med cruise next year on the Indy and looking at the itinerary it looks like being on the Starboard side will be more scenic, but I'm not sure. Has anyone taken this cruise or knows whether port or starboard offers more scenery.

Thanks for any information

What is the itinerary?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are also doing this cruise and would be interested in the answer.

The itinerary is Southampton, England; Vigo, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Gibraltar; Valencia, Spain; Barcelona, Spain; Palma De Mallorca, Spain; Ibiza, Spain; Cádiz, Spain;

We are also doing this cruise and would be interested in the answer.

The itinerary is Southampton, England; Vigo, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Gibraltar; Valencia, Spain; Barcelona, Spain; Palma De Mallorca, Spain; Ibiza, Spain; Cádiz, Spain;

After leaving Southampton, all land will be on the port side right through to Barcelona. From Barcelona, it depends on which route the ship takes but I suspect it will stay west of Majorca so it will be port side. From Majorca to Ibiza is due south west and so should be on your starboard side. After Ibiza through to Cadiz and onto Southampton, all land will then be on the starboard side.

My thanks to all of you for your incite and experience. The itinerary of our cruise is as follows: Southampton...Malaga...Cannes...Barcelona...Palma de Mallorca...Valencia...Cartagena Spain...Lisbon...Vigo...Southampton.

Would like to choose a stateroom that offers the most view of the ports. At this point I am leaning towards starboard unless anyone could persuade me otherwise.

Thank you again for your opinions :)

Rose

It really doesn't matter which side you are on. Much of the sailing time, the ship is too far away from the coast for you to get a decent view of the land. As most of the Mediterranean cruises are port-intensive, much of the sailing will be at night anyway.

The best views of Venice and Gibraltar are from outside, up on the deck.

Celle...Thank you for your response.

When we took a med cruise a few years ago (Italy and Greece intensive) our stateroom was port and it was such a lovely view as we were getting close to dock.

Since this a different itinerary I am confused as to when the ship approaches port would the view of the ports be mostly starboard or port? We are planning to be in a suite with a balcony so that's why I'm having a tough time making this decision.

I so glad that there are so many seasoned RCL cruisers on these boards who are so willing to share their experiences. We are fairly new to cruising and appreciate all your help

Rose

Archived