When to do a West. Med cruise...May or Sept?

Looking to do a 7 night West Med. cruise either mid to late may next year or late Sept. Does it matter with prices/ports/weather?

Also, I see lots of good deals (prepaid tips,etc) offering now for Sept 2013 cruises. Do I book now or wait until next year at this time to get those specials? Hard call!

We just did one this past May (first week).

The weather was nice - it was warmer than expected in Italy (80s) but other places it was about 75.

There were crowds but not CROWDS, it wasn't as bad if it were later in the month into June.

Since my husband is a CPA we never get to go away in Sept.:rolleyes:

I would always choose late September going into October - preferably October. Being British, most of the Med ports are only 1-4 hours flying time so we travel there 2 or 3 times a year for long weekends. May is generally good but can still be a little unpredictable. Late September to late October is our favourite - the weather is stable, the prices start to drop and the sea is warm as it's had all summer to heat up. European and British kids are all in school too. Besides the Med areas, we've been to Bruges in Belgium, Krakow in Poland, Cologne in Germany, Pragueand Northern Spain in October and the weather was glorious every time.

We did the Mediterranean last Sept and we thought the temperature was fine. It was hot in Italy but not hotter than where we live. We stopped in south France and that temp was perfect. I don't think you can go wrong with either time bit if sept is cheaper I'd choose that.

Archived