Details on the NEW 2016 ship!

I won't sail on Vista without another pool. That was the biggest mistake made with the Dream Class design IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Exactly! Why would they build a ship that large without an additional pool? Vista is only 5k tons larger than Dream class, and I'm hoping part of that is additional pool(s).

RCI's Freedom class ships have 4 pools, and Oasis class ships have 5 pools. This is one of the reasons that I love the Spirit class ships, 3 large pools and a kiddie pool, and a lot fewer passengers.

Same here

Lets hope they have some interesting itineraries. We were booked on the Legend for a B2B last fall which was cancelled. They offered to put us on the Sunshine but we declined and I have been crying about it ever since.

Lets hope they have some interesting itineraries. We were booked on the Legend for a B2B last fall which was cancelled. They offered to put us on the Sunshine but we declined and I have been crying about it ever since.

We did the Liberty in 2006 western med 12 day, and it was our best cruise. In a perfect world I would love Northern Europe, but will take the best they offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Same here. A friend opted for the Sunshine TA and we replace the legend with two winter Carnival Caribbean cruises.

I really want to cruise in Europe again!

I agree would love some interesting itineraries. We love the longer cruises at least a 12-15 day or two 7-8 day and do a b2b or longer. Maybe b2b2b's!!

Same here. A friend opted for the Sunshine TA and we replace the legend with two winter Carnival Caribbean cruises.

I really want to cruise in Europe again!

We originally booked a B2B on the Legend with the 2nd leg being the TA.

When they changed the Legend itinerary they offered to move us to the Sunshine for a B2B including the TA with a price match and we ended up cancelling it. What was I thinking??

Instead we sailed the Imagination, Victory and the Breeze this past winter, but I have been regretting the decision big time.

We did the Liberty in 2006 western med 12 day, and it was our best cruise. In a perfect world I would love Northern Europe, but will take the best they offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree would love some interesting itineraries. We love the longer cruises at least a 12-15 day or two 7-8 day and do a b2b or longer. Maybe b2b2b's!!

It all sounds good to me! I am thinking we will have to wait a year before itineraries come out and we can book, but it would be nice if it was sooner.

As you know, when they cancelled your cruise on the Legend, they opened up some other exciting options. We did B2B2B for 39 days starting with Norway and ending with a Northern route TA to NYC. It turned out to be our best cruise ever! John

As you know, when they cancelled your cruise on the Legend, they opened up some other exciting options. We did B2B2B for 39 days starting with Norway and ending with a Northern route TA to NYC. It turned out to be our best cruise ever! John

But, when they cancelled our cruise, they didn't offer any other exciting options in October except for the Sunshine. Hopefully, we'll be able to cruise in the Mediterranean on the Vista in my preferred month for Europe, October.

• 1 month later...
But, when they cancelled our cruise, they didn't offer any other exciting options in October except for the Sunshine. Hopefully, we'll be able to cruise in the Mediterranean on the Vista in my preferred month for Europe, October.

Sorry I just noticed your reply. I must remember that everyone is not retired and don't have the luxury of last minute changes.

We did the Breeze in late October 2012 and it was kind of a disaster. Due to storms, we missed Monte Carlo and Venice. Instead of 3 sea days on a 12 day cruise, we ended up with 6. I am hoping to make up for it on the Vista.

I'd love to do an Eastern Med. cruise for the inaugural cruise as they have in the past. John

Sorry I just noticed your reply. I must remember that everyone is not retired and don't have the luxury of last minute changes.

We did the Breeze in late October 2012 and it was kind of a disaster. Due to storms, we missed Monte Carlo and Venice. Instead of 3 sea days on a 12 day cruise, we ended up with 6. I am hoping to make up for it on the Vista.

I'd love to do an Eastern Med. cruise for the inaugural cruise as they have in the past. John

Thanks for getting back to me. We are retired but we have a beach duplex that we rent out until the end of September. We fit our land vacations, cruises, and time at the Jersey shore around the June - September period. We also take very few vacations longer than 7-12 days. I'm too attached to our labradoodle.

Sorry about your Breeze cruise. We missed Monte Carlo on our 2009 Dream cruise but got there on the 2011 Magic cruise. Both Monte Carlo and Venice are wonderful. For the Vista, I'd also prefer doing an Eastern med cruise.

• 1 month later...

Hello all, just back from the Carnival Sunshine and I have a tidbit of information for you. We did the"Behind the Fun Ultimate Tour" and one of our stops was the photo gallery where the make all the pictures. The supervisor running it was telling us about how on the Vista they will not be printing all the photos. He said the Vista is planned to have digital kiosks that use facial recognition features to bring up all the photos you are included in and then be available to purchase on the kiosk and they will then print them. I found this very interesting as I have not heard any information about the Vista and what features it will have. I of course do not trust this info but the guy seemed like he genuinely knew what he was taking about. Can't wait to see what the Vista will be like !

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Hello all, just back from the Carnival Sunshine and I have a tidbit of information for you. We did the"Behind the Fun Ultimate Tour" and one of our stops was the photo gallery where the make all the pictures. The supervisor running it was telling us about how on the Vista they will not be printing all the photos. He said the Vista is planned to have digital kiosks that use facial recognition features to bring up all the photos you are included in and then be available to purchase on the kiosk and they will then print them. I found this very interesting as I have not heard any information about the Vista and what features it will have. I of course do not trust this info but the guy seemed like he genuinely knew what he was taking about. Can't wait to see what the Vista will be like !

That's completely plausible because that facial recognition / kiosk technology is already available on other ships; I've seen it on Oasis and Allure of the Seas. They still print your photos as well on those ships, but as that technology improves if could definitely see a cruise line move away from printing every photo. Would save money and eliminate a lot of waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

That sounds great! I always shake my head at how many photos must go to waste each cruise. Great way for the line to save more money in the long run!

That would be a much better use of resources than throwing away thousands of photos.

I always thought the cruiselines should do what Disney does where they put your room card into the camera and that somehow saves your photos into a file. Then you could put your card into a reader of sorts and select the photos you want to purchase and only then would they print.

That would be a much better use of resources than throwing away thousands of photos.

I always thought the cruiselines should do what Disney does where they put your room card into the camera and that somehow saves your photos into a file. Then you could put your card into a reader of sorts and select the photos you want to purchase and only then would they print.

Ah, but that could be taken as Carnival acknowledging that Disney (the competition) does something better, so I don't expect it to happen. :D

Ah, but that could be taken as Carnival acknowledging that Disney (the competition) does something better, so I don't expect it to happen. :D

Why would they be any more or less reluctant to acknowledge these types of things than other cruise lines? Have to say, I was not overly impressed with Disney cruise ships in regards to the cost. When challenged on it by loyal Disney cruisers I kept getting "soda is free".

• 3 weeks later...