Details on the NEW 2016 ship!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Im not sure how you thought the Breeze felt crowded. I didn't feel crowded once. JMO.

I felt very crowded on the Breeze. I was also onboard during a New Years Eve sailing when there were 4,600 people on board, which is a ridiculous number of people for a ship that size. That's probably the difference. You sail during a holiday week or when schools are out of session there will be many, many more bodies on board than if you sail when they aren't (by virtue of a much higher % of 3rd and 4th berths being filled).

Edited by Dave85

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH]306664[/ATTACH] this was a design concept also there's one on YouTube haven't found it yet but what I can remember it had an open air design like the oasis.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

That was the proposed pinnacle class that they decided agianst. It was to be slightly larger then oasis class. There is a recorded interview somewhere on the internet with Bob Dickinson where he discusses this project and carnivals reason for not proceeding. Interesting fact this was being discussed pre oasis of the seas.

My guess is, it's not going to be much different than the Dream class. It's only 5K extra tons, and that's not a lot. It doesn't amount to a lot of extra public space, that's for sure.

I hope for a completely new design, looking completely different from anything they've ever done. But I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

My guess is, it's not going to be much different than the Dream class. It's only 5K extra tons, and that's not a lot. It doesn't amount to a lot of extra public space, that's for sure.

I hope for a completely new design, looking completely different from anything they've ever done. But I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

I hope Carnival will think outside the box with the Vista. If the design is pretty much a bigger Dream class I will probably write Carnival off my list. Other lines have much more interesting ships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Carnival will think outside the box with the Vista. If the design is pretty much a bigger Dream class I will probably write Carnival off my list. Other lines have much more interesting ships

Completely agree with you. While I like Carnival, and think their newer ships have some great options, it seems with the new builds, they're resting a bit too much on their laurels. I would love to see a new design that sets it apart from any other Carnival class ship.

Completely agree with you. While I like Carnival, and think their newer ships have some great options, it seems with the new builds, they're resting a bit too much on their laurels. I would love to see a new design that sets it apart from any other Carnival class ship.

Heathy discussion. I would be shocked to see something alongs the lines of Oasis or Quantum, either in size or features. If for no other reason (and there are many) that Royal has already gone there.

Heathy discussion. I would be shocked to see something alongs the lines of Oasis or Quantum, either in size or features. If for no other reason (and there are many) that Royal has already gone there.

Not to mention, 135k tons is not even as large as RCI Freedom class ships. I would love to see something more open, more glass, and more pools. One thing I love about the Spirit class ships, is the lido deck space, and the pools.

They said it would be a completely new design. So i hope that means not a modified dream class.

I'm hoping for something completely new as well, but didn't they say Dream class would be a new design? In reality, Dream class looks like a Conquest class on steroids, with a few extra feet and a few extra decks.

I think Carnival is too afraid to think out side the box.

Not to mention, 135k tons is not even as large as RCI Freedom class ships. I would love to see something more open, more glass, and more pools. One thing I love about the Spirit class ships, is the lido deck space, and the pools.

There was some posts here a while back about a new concept that Fincantieri (builder of Carnival corp ships and others) had a new concept class of ships called the Miele project. It was runmored back then that the Vista would use this concept (unconfirmed). I cannot find the report again when I googled it.

I think Carnival is too afraid to think out side the box.

I don't know what that means. If you mean adding amusement park rides to ships, then I would agree. Oasis class ships are approaching 2 billion dollars to produce, if that is thinking outside the box, you are correct they are afraid to do that. I would love to hear more about new concepts that would be welcomed by Carnival cruisers. The only one I have seen to make more snese so far is addtional pools.

There was some posts here a while back about a new concept that Fincantieri (builder of Carnival corp ships and others) had a new concept class of ships called the Miele project. It was runmored back then that the Vista would use this concept (unconfirmed). I cannot find the report again when I googled it.

Google mille project

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app