Beds on Oasis

I have searched and searched and most posts concerning the beds on Oasis refer to where they are positioned in the cabin. I have a really bad back and would like to know how comfortable are the beds. Do they have memory toppers?

We usually end up bringing our own toppers or blow up mattresses but are flying to our cruise on the Oasis and that is really not an option.

Thanks for any info.

All of RCI's bedding was updated....I can't think of an instance where someone complained about the comfort of the beds! They do have a "pillowtop" mattress...you should be fine. If you need a waffle-foam topper, they will bring you one. I doubt if it's "memory" foam, tho.

I have searched and searched and most posts concerning the beds on Oasis refer to where they are positioned in the cabin. I have a really bad back and would like to know how comfortable are the beds. Do they have memory toppers?

We usually end up bringing our own toppers or blow up mattresses but are flying to our cruise on the Oasis and that is really not an option.

Thanks for any info.

How comfortable the beds are varies as to how new the mattress is in the cabin and there's no way of knowing that prior to boarding . The mattresses do not have a memory topper but as the previous posted stated they do have a pillow topper.

FYI- you can request an egg crate foam topper ( not memory foam) free of charge either by contacting the Special Needs Dept. prior to the cruise, contacting your TA to place it in your booking records and or requesting it from your cabin attendant.

I did not know that you could pre request a egg crate. Thank you. I have asked but when the cabin steward knocks on our door the first day....it is often too late....they are all gone! I usually bring my own but with flying....I will try a request. I am upset that RC has changed the system to not checking our reservation for beds...i.e. apart....together. I was told on the last cruise that they will change the configuration...i.e....apart, together per your request on the first day during evening service. I feel so sorry for the cabin stewards that they are no longer made aware of our preference prior to boarding. Why is that RC?????

I am upset that RC has changed the system to not checking our reservation for beds...i.e. apart....together. I was told on the last cruise that they will change the configuration...i.e....apart, together per your request on the first day during evening service. I feel so sorry for the cabin stewards that they are no longer made aware of our preference prior to boarding. Why is that RC?????

It's set by your RC profile, "My Cruises" top link, then "Profile" tab in the body of the page, then in the "Onboard Preferences" side button. The dining defaults are also there, but that's something people may want to change more often, cruise to cruise. It's a little clumsy if you sail with different people a lot, maybe, but if you're typically going with a particular family or partner arrangement, it's one less thing to look at while setting a reservation.

Edit to Add: Of course, if it's wrong for a particular reservation, the Customer Service reps can change it faster than you can get off hold...

Thanks for any info.

We just returned from the Oasis and found the beds to be extremely comfortable. More than any ship we have been on. I have a neck issue that requires me sleep on certain mattresses or in certain positions. I had no problems with the mattress what-so-ever.

All of RCI's bedding was updated....I can't think of an instance where someone complained about the comfort of the beds! They do have a "pillowtop" mattress...you should be fine. If you need a waffle-foam topper, they will bring you one. I doubt if it's "memory" foam, tho.

Well, here's instance one.

Though we loved our Enchantment cruise, the bed was a horrible joke and needed replacing desperately.

Archived