Monaco-nice

etual324

• 2 weeks later...

I would say its a toss-up between the train and simply using the bus. The buses run somewhat more often then the train and only cost 1 Euro. Some find it a lot easier to get to the nearest bus stop then the train station and if you take the #100 bus it goes along the lower coastal route and gives you some nice views of the surrounding area...whereas the train spends a lot of its time in tunnels. The bus does take about 40 min vs only 20 min for the train, but in many cases it will take you longer with the train because you have to get over to the train station and then you might wait 45 min for a train.

Hank

What would you suggest from the Nice Airport to Monte Carlo (the Marriott hotel)? Pre-arranged car service, bus, train? Of course there is the helicopter, but I suspect the taxi from the Heli to the hotel will be $$$$.

How much luggage do you have? I wouldn't want to wrestle my bags to and from the train or bus. A prearranged car would be best, but check with the Marriott to see if they provide any transportation, such as a shuttle, limo, etc.

How much luggage do you have? I wouldn't want to wrestle my bags to and from the train or bus. A prearranged car would be best, but check with the Marriott to see if they provide any transportation, such as a shuttle, limo, etc.

We typically travel pretty light. Probably 3 US size carry one rollerboards/wheelie suitcase plus a small bag or backpack each for 10 days. We used to take a large suitcase for both of us but too unwieldy and heavy.

Someone suggested Dream Tours for the transfer. Have you heard of them?

We typically travel pretty light. Probably 3 US size carry one rollerboards/wheelie suitcase plus a small bag or backpack each for 10 days. We used to take a large suitcase for both of us but too unwieldy and heavy.

Someone suggested Dream Tours for the transfer. Have you heard of them?

Sorry, I haven't heard of them. We always rent a car at the airport. Do ask your hotel see if they have any transport options. If you have more than one day before your cruise, you might want to rent a car for going to the hotel plus some additional sightseeing.

Could I also suggest having a look at <guidoon.com> as well?

The website is quite user friendly

We used them for a transfer from Monte Carlo Port to NCE airport at the end of June.

Their price was reasonable, the driver (who was one of the business partners) was on time, very friendly & informative.

I would definitely use them again.

Sorry, I haven't heard of them. We always rent a car at the airport. Do ask your hotel see if they have any transport options. If you have more than one day before your cruise, you might want to rent a car for going to the hotel plus some additional sightseeing.

Wil do. We arrive the day before the cruise. We have a friend who has a home in the SoF in Villeneuve Loubet so we have spent extensive time there and it is wonderful. We've only been to MC for a short visit, so thought we'd use the time to explore MC. But agreed, if there is extra time, St. Paul de Vence, Mougins, Eze, Cannes, Antibes etc are wonderful places to visit and just wander around in.

Could I also suggest having a look at <guidoon.com> as well?

The website is quite user friendly

We used them for a transfer from Monte Carlo Port to NCE airport at the end of June.

Their price was reasonable, the driver (who was one of the business partners) was on time, very friendly & informative.

I would definitely use them again.

Merci beaucoup! I will check them out.

If you are traveling light, and want to save some money you can take the train from the St Augustin station to Monte Carlo and then grab a taxi to your hotel. Using the TER regional train is a hassle but saves you money. To get to the train station you have to take a shuttle bus from Terminal 1...and then you still have about a 10 min walk (dragging your luggage) to the trains.

Hank

Archived