Oceania and Clergy

Tarpeian Rock

In our experience (none on any special holidays) the CD has sometimes held a a non denominational service

David Shermat did do the Friday night service for those of the Jewish faith sometime the passengers did their own service

I do not think they had a priest or minister onboard like some other lines

I have never found there to be clergy on board. My husband, who attends church every morning at home, usually goes to church in the towns we stop in on Sundays. I sometimes attend the Jewish services led by the CD or one of the passengers on board.

In my experience nothing planned but on our most recent cruise a number of episcopalian ministers were on board and officiated at a Christmas service. On other occasions its been the CD providing a multifaith service.

On our ten day Alaska cruise the cruise director David led a non-denominational service on Sunday evening. Only about 25 attended. We had checked ahead to the Catholic Church in Hoonah where we were on Sunday and the priest was going to be on another island at a mission that day. We were happy to attend the onboard service.

Archived