Back from June 21st Alaska southbound on the Radiance. Any Questions?

It was a 5 hour whale cruise with a Rib Eye and Salmon Buffet. It was great the tour directors where very on hands and they have a Ranger on board to answer questions. We saw Orcas, Humbacks, sea lions, eagles puffins and other birds. The food is served at the beginning and then a couple of hours later they set up a dessert buffet. You don't have to buy the food package. They sell other things on board to eat. The prices were resonable I thought. Our boat was the biggest on the dock it was on the very end. Lot's of fun, they take your picture at the beginning and you can buy it if you want.

I am sorry I really didn't pay that much attention to the classes but I believe I saw yoga and boot camp. Sorry! My husband ran at least twice on the treadmills. I saw people running on the track also.

It was great they had some fun activities for the kids. They got to be Rangers they took an oath and everything. I don't know the price, my husbands friend is a local and is former military so he got them with his discount. But it was much better than I thought it was going to be.

Yes on day 1 I bought the week pass. Worth it, I went everyday. The relaxation room was my favorite. It is right next to the solarium so I would check in and change in the locker rooms and go to the pool. I read in the relaxation room alot. I also loved the view from the heated tile chairs awesome view. The pass was $79 for the week. You need to buy on first day for the discount. Regular price was $99.

Oh I am so glad you tried it out and thanks for the tip on purchasing the pass. We're the heated lounges adjustable? Did you try the steam/sauna rooms or the ice cold refreshing shower?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh I am so glad you tried it out and thanks for the tip on purchasing the pass. We're the heated lounges adjustable? Did you try the steam/sauna rooms or the ice cold refreshing shower?

The heated lounges are not adjustable. But there are a lot of towels in there and I rolled some up to get comfy. I tried both the steam and sauna rooms. They have some that are just in the women's room so that you can feel more comfortable going nude or just with a towel. There are also some in the common area that are bigger. I used the ones in the ladies room and loved them. I did not use the icy/cold showers but I did use the ones in the ladies room and loved them.

Awesome!! And I am sorry, I meant on the adjustable question was the heat adjustable on the lounges. My fault on not being clearer about that, btw, great picture!!

Awesome!! And I am sorry, I meant on the adjustable question was the heat adjustable on the lounges. My fault on not being clearer about that, btw, great picture!!

I think so because they were different temps. One was real hot to I put towels under me so I didn't burn.

Here is a pic of the relaxation room.DSC_0362_zpsc9676402.jpg

Oh Wow!! That is beautiful!! No wonder you went everyday. I can totally see a lazy afternoon of reading and relaxation going on there. Darn it, lol, now I am going to have to figure out how to rearrange some time each day to enjoy this spot. I need another cruise to do everything, hmmmm..........

I am curious about transportation. Did you fly into Anchorage? If so, did you take the bus or the train into Seward? Thanks!

We flew into Anchorage on Virgin America and fortunately my husbands friend picked us up. We drove to Seward along the Seward Hwy. The same route as the Train and it was breathtaking. We got to stop and take pics. But the people on the train could see most of what we saw. Some of our table mates talked about how fun that was. Next time I go I will take the train.

On the final sea day and into the over night hours...did you actually sail thru the "True Inside Passage" and if so at what timeframe did you begin to have sight of land and scenery? Don't wanna be catching my zzzz's and miss out on the views...

Thanks in advance,

Patty

Archived