Back from June 21st Alaska southbound on the Radiance. Any Questions?

On the final sea day and into the over night hours...did you actually sail thru the "True Inside Passage" and if so at what timeframe did you begin to have sight of land and scenery? Don't wanna be catching my zzzz's and miss out on the views...

Thanks in advance,

Patty

You can see a lot before you go to bed. It was beautiful, but I was too busy enjoying my last day to spend too much time looking outside. What is a naturalist?

What movies were there in the cinema?

Thanks - 2 weeks until my turn to sail!

The movies were not first run. One was Twilight Breaking Dawn pt. 2 and Pitch Perfect. Don't remember the rest, I think one was Lincoln. I didn't see any movies on board.

You can see a lot before you go to bed. It was beautiful, but I was too busy enjoying my last day to spend too much time looking outside. What is a naturalist?

A Naturalist does the commentary during Hubbard sailing or different lecture type informative shows during the cruise.

Usually on specific topics: bears, otters, or eagles for example.

A Naturalist does the commentary during Hubbard sailing or different lecture type informative shows during the cruise.

Usually on specific topics: bears, otters, or eagles for example.

Yes they did have someone explaining what we were looking at. They did have some information presentations in the Theater. On our Whale cruise in Seward we had a Ranger on board with us who talked about the wildlife.

Can you give us a range of the temperatures day and night. My wife is deathly afraid of being cold on the ship. Thanks.

There were times where it was cold on the ship. When we were at Hubbard Glacier it was cold. We wore jackets. I heard someone say you should pack for all four seasons and they were right. We got to Anchorage and it was 90, two days later driving into Seward the temperature dropped alot like 50 degrees. During the whale watching tour it was the coldest. Tell your wife to dress in layers. Also they sell coats, jackets and sweats for 50% off during the first day at sea. I bought a jacket because I hate being cold and it was real warm. I got it for $30.

Here is a pic of the relaxation room.DSC_0362_zpsc9676402.jpg

I have not come across these in my cruising, but then I have focused only on the spa treatments. Can you please explain them? Do you have to reserve time? Is there a fee to use?

I have read that kids are allowed in the Solarium, that has always been why we loved it so....the peace and quiet. Does anyone know why the change?

[quote name='Tkaklita']Hi again,

Did you do any wine package or have any wine? If so what were your impressions? Thanks for your insight.

Linda[/QUOTE]
Sorry we don't drink wine so I cannot tell you anything about that.

[quote name='Seagalpat']I have not come across these in my cruising, but then I have focused only on the spa treatments. Can you please explain them? Do you have to reserve time? Is there a fee to use?
I have read that kids are allowed in the Solarium, that has always been why we loved it so....the peace and quiet. Does anyone know why the change?[/QUOTE]
You are free to use this area if you have any type of spa treatment I believe. I bought a week pass to the Thermal Suite so I got to go any time to the dry/wet sauna, the relaxation room, the room with the Heated tile seats and all the different type of showers.

[quote name='Seagalpat']I have not come across these in my cruising, but then I have focused only on the spa treatments. Can you please explain them? Do you have to reserve time? Is there a fee to use?
I have read that kids are allowed in the Solarium, that has always been why we loved it so....the peace and quiet. Does anyone know why the change?[/QUOTE]
The kids were allowed in the Solarium a couple of times during the day. I wasn't bothered by them because a lot of people weren't utilizing the pool because it was cold in Alaska. I may have been bothered by the kids if I was cruising the Caribbean.

[quote name='lroger01']With the ship getting in to most ports at 7 and many excursions starting soon after, I'm concerned about getting breakfast. Do you remember how early breakfast (anywhere) was served?[/QUOTE]
We did not leave that early, but I believe room service started serving around 6. And also I believe the park cafe was open starting at 6:30. The food looked pretty good. They had muffins, pastries and burritos of some type and fruit cups. I think that the hot food changed sometimes it would be an egg sandwich of some type. Biscuit or bagel or like. So there is some food available that early. Enjoy!

We were on this cruise, too - It was amazing, wasn't it?!

I can answer a couple of the questions. I have all the cruise compasses and will scan them and add them to my blog in the next few days.

Breakfast hours were tailored to port times. On a sea day or later port day, the Windjammer opened at 7. On days we got into port at 7, WJ opened at 6.

I'll post again when I get the compasses scanned. My blog is linked in my signature.

It was a fantastic cruise!

[quote name='subtchr']We were on this cruise, too - It was amazing, wasn't it?!

I can answer a couple of the questions. I have all the cruise compasses and will scan them and add them to my blog in the next few days.

Breakfast hours were tailored to port times. On a sea day or later port day, the Windjammer opened at 7. On days we got into port at 7, WJ opened at 6.

I'll post again when I get the compasses scanned. My blog is linked in my signature.

It was a fantastic cruise![/QUOTE]
Yea I am so glad you kept the compasses. We did disney out of Galveston in December and I kept all of the Navigators (just like the compass) because we drove we could lug it all home. But since on this trip we were flying back I tried to limit what I brought back. hehe. You can tell them the exact time the kids were allowed in the Solarium.

[quote name='Mel2421']We did not leave that early, but I believe room service started serving around 6. And also I believe the park cafe was open starting at 6:30. The food looked pretty good. They had muffins, pastries and burritos of some type and fruit cups. I think that the hot food changed sometimes it would be an egg sandwich of some type. Biscuit or bagel or like. So there is some food available that early. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

We have excursions that are pretty early in the morning, is it acceptable if I go to fetch breakfast for the four of us at Park Cafe or do I need to bring the whole family there? I am wondering if they would allow one person to get four fruit cups and four muffins etc and leave the area?

No change involved. RCI's policy has [B]always[/B] been that children have been allowed (with adult supervision) for a limited number of hours when the weather has been inclement or not conducive to the use of the outside pool. Usually there are two, two-hour periods, when this is permitted and it has been our experience that families were quite good about observing the times when they and their kids could use the pool in the solarium. In a location such as Alaska where the temperatures are usually chillier, it only makes sense to allow youngsters to have at least a minimal amount of time to enjoy the Solarium.

[quote name='BabyBokChoy']We have excursions that are pretty early in the morning, is it acceptable if I go to fetch breakfast for the four of us at Park Cafe or do I need to bring the whole family there? I am wondering if they would allow one person to get four fruit cups and four muffins etc and leave the area?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so, my husband grabbed breakfast for himself one morning there and he brought back quite a bit. So I don't think you will get a hard time.

I haven't finished scanning the compasses yet, but here are the answers to some of the questions that have been asked on the thread:

[B]BREAKFAST TIMES[/B]

[I][B]HUBBARD GLACIER[/B][/I]
6:00 - 6:30 - Early Bird, Park Cafe
6:30 - 10:30 - Park Cafe
7:00 - 11:00 - Windjammer
8:00 - 10:00 - MDR

[I][B]JUNEAU - 9:00 Arrival[/B][/I]
6:00 - 10:00 - Park Cafe
6:30 - 10:30 - Windjammer
7:00 - 9:00 - MDR

[B][I]SKAGWAY - 7:00 Arrival[/I][/B]
6:00 - 6:30 - Early Bird, Park Cafe