Not yet live from...

Emperor Norton

Once upon a time I had back to back trips on the Riveria ( I still do ;)).

I booked shore excursions for both segments. I got a pop up stating something along the lines of "Hey you can pay now". However, this was after clicking a single tour added the most expensive tour package to your shopping cart (an IMO fraudulent execution of code first mentioned by Corpkid). Long story short: After several visits to the Oceania site and after final payment with no further notifications about my tours I log into Oceanias already booked site. I noticed my tours were gone and further overbooked. No email, no phone call, nothing.

So while Oceania seems to feel its OK to add without consent to a users shoreex cart they can't manage to send a "hey payment for your shore excursions is due by X..." email. Pity.

I have a second segment to try to recover from the first, but starting off on the wrong foot isn't what I was expecting. Hopefully the food and service make up for the garbage that is their shoreside IT.:)

As I understand it, you placed a number of Shore Excursions into your Shopping Cart, but left the Site before paying for them. Therefore, from Oceania's perspective, you purchased (or "booked", as you phrase it) nothing.

That same procedure is in effect on Amazon, and just about every other Internet vendor that I can think of, from Walmart to Tiffany.

Oftentimes, particularly when discussing their liberal "Bringing on Alcohol" Policy, we laud the fact that Oceania treats us like responsible adults.

By the same token, I don't know if we want or need them to question incomplete transactions on the Web Site.

I can't quite understand from your post what you did or did not do but I do know that when booking excursions there is a notice to the effect that until paid for they are not actually booked but simply selected and in effect only in your your 'shopping cart'. If you were not aksed for payment information then the booking process was not completed.

I am surprised to hear this! On our last trip I pre booked all shore ex and culinary classes on line way before sailing. Once I gave my AMX card number all popped up it the online trip info. When I boarded all tickets and info was in my cabin. Is it possible you forget to pay for them?

Baychilla, you might want to view this as a blessing in disguise! Go on the Roll Call for your b2b - might be one thread but might be 2 separate ones - and check the private tours being put together by your fellow pax. You will most likely find nearly identical tours at about half the cost of O's, and with far fewer people involved - usually 10 to 16 or 20.

The money you save by not using O's tours on the first leg of your cruise will probably cover the cost of your tours on the second leg. Look how much more $$$ you'll have to spend on other things.

Donna

Archived