Contemplating our first Hal Cruise........

millercat

Greetings! DH and I have to make decision today on Massdam, March 2005. I guess I am just a tad nervous since it has been some time since we cruised anything other than Celebrity. No special reason but we have been pleased and had no reason to change. TA suggested this HAL cruise based on our criteria this year. I guess I am just looking for some positive reinforcement. Right now it is between Main deck or verandah midship. DH likes the balcony, I don't care either way. For anyone who has sailed both, how do the passengers compare?? From what I have read the crew sounds wonderful. Any comments would be appreciated. TIA ^..^

Hope you meant to type March, 2006.

Keep reading sail7seas review. She just got off the Maasdam - different itinerary than what yours will be.

We have been on the Maasdam quite a few times - May 2004 was the last time we were on her.

Like sails - we love our suites and verandahs. We loved the Maasdam. Our first HAL cruise was on her in the Baltic years ago.

I think that you are making a very wise choice. In my opinion Celebrity does not have a clue about customer relations. HAL is a very relaxing cruise line, in some ways similar to X. Some changes that HAL has put in I do not care for, but, in the main they are just following a general trend of 'belt tightening'. :) john

If you would do a search for "HAL vs. Celebrity" on this board you will find some fairly recent threads on this subject. From what I've read, folks who sail both say HAL is better in some areas and Celebrity in others ... but that they are comparable products overall. I'm sure you will have a great cruise aboard the Maasdam.

As you can see, it didn't take much convincing. I am going to call the TA now. The date mistake is just additional proof that I really need a cruise I can't even imagine waiting till March but that is just how it goes this year. We have three trips planned from now till then but for me unless it is a cruise it just doesn't count!

Thanks for the posts. ^..^

Archived