Downgrade AFTER Final Payment ??

megnut78

I am booked on the Splendor for August 21st in a Oceanview 6C category. We originally were booked in an Interior room category 4C, but over time I had saved money and got an Oceanview for the same price as the interior. BUT today I went online and saw an Interior 4B or 4C is $610 lower than we are paying. Final payment was June 7th, but I had heard somewhere that the credit would go as an onboard credit. So, is it possible to downgrade after final payment and get the price shown?:confused:

Also, I'm a little concerned because I heard someone say that the * symbol near the rooms means twin beds that cannot be made as a king, but mine on my booking had the choice to choose a king bed. We are in stateroom 2372. Anyone know? THANKS SO MUCH in advance!:D

If you booked Early Saver, the rules state you cannot downgrade. You can only upgrade or move sideways.

Since you say you are past final payment if you booked any other rate then you cant price match.. so it depends on if you reached the final payment date 75 days out from your cruise. (not if you paid it off early, if you passed carnival's final payment date)

I would say that no, you cannot downgrade no matter what rate you booked at this point, unless you want to downgrade and not get the difference and booked other than ES. .. so no point right? But theretically if you booked something other than ES you could downgrade but not get OBC.

PS OBC is only given after final payment has been made and you have to have booked Early Saver and your rate has to have dropped for the category you are now booked in. No name changes or downgrades allowed.

I don't believe I booked ES, I think it was a Friends and Family.

If you booked Early Saver, the rules state you cannot downgrade. You can only upgrade or move sideways.

Since you say you are past final payment if you booked any other rate then you cant price match.. so it depends on if you reached the final payment date 75 days out from your cruise. (not if you paid it off early, if you passed carnival's final payment date)

I would say that no, you cannot downgrade no matter what rate you booked at this point, unless you want to downgrade and not get the difference and booked other than ES. .. so no point right? But theretically if you booked something other than ES you could downgrade but not get OBC.

PS OBC is only given after final payment has been made and you have to have booked Early Saver and your rate has to have dropped for the category you are now booked in. No name changes or downgrades allowed.

I talked to my PVP the other day. I have a 1A cabin booked and they're sold out.

The 4As are now cheaper. But there are no 1A (which, of course, would be even less than a 4A) so I can't get a price drop. Booked Past Guest, not ES.

I'd have to give up the 1A cabin I have, (which I want to keep) and actually move into a 4A to get the price drop. Ridiculous, really, because you KNOW that 1A, if I gave it up, would then be listed as even less. :(

I talked to my PVP the other day. I have a 1A cabin booked and they're sold out.

The 4As are now cheaper. But there are no 1A (which, of course, would be even less than a 4A) so I can't get a price drop. Booked Past Guest, not ES.

I'd have to give up the 1A cabin I have, (which I want to keep) and actually move into a 4A to get the price drop. Ridiculous, really, because you KNOW that 1A, if I gave it up, would then be listed as even less. :(

I had to make the same choice. solo cruise so I didnt care about single twin in a port hole 1A. .. insides were cheaper.. moved, and then got two more drops for about $120 total. Wound up on Lido deck inside, so I didnt think it was that bad of a trade.

I did put I didnt want to move, but they moved me to a regular inside when they gave me the price drop. I knew it was a possibility that Id have to give up the cabin.

Not ridiculous. Im glad 1As with port holes right now are cheaper than insides.

PTs used to be 5As, and listed at more than regular insides. I guess they didnt sell well enough, so they downgraded them.

I book a PT when on a Fantasy class ships since no port hole 1As on those ships.

No, you cant downgrade and get the difference in price as OBC, especially after final payment. In rare cases I have heard people downgrade (after much haggling), but they did not get their rate adjusted in the process to a lower fare. Sorry it worked out that way, but I think you will enjoy your OV cabin. I know n my cruise I have watched lower categories go down and have buyers remorse a bit, but then I know I will be much happier in the category I booked so I try not to look back. Enjoy your trip :)

This happens to us regularly.

Start with inside and price goes down and we find we can upgrade to OV.

Do it and than the inside goes down so effectively we have paid a lot more than we would have for the OV over the inside.

Happens a lot for our hurricane season cruises and starting to think we should just stick with the inside and go with higher priced cabin other times during the year.

I

Also, I'm a little concerned because I heard someone say that the * symbol near the rooms means twin beds that cannot be made as a king, but mine on my booking had the choice to choose a king bed. We are in stateroom 2372. Anyone know? THANKS SO MUCH in advance!:D

the symbol in your stateroom is a star not an * and it denotes a cabin for 3 people.

Archived