Webcams

Hemi001

Anyone know why HAL does not have Webcams on their ships? I know that they do have bowcams, they broadcast that picture onboard but why not over the internet like Princess, NCL, Celebrity etc.

on our last cruise- celebrity galaxy--- we discovered there is a cam in the computer center--------we told all our friends that we would be there at a certain date and time and that they could see us on the ship--------they did and got a kick out of it----------when i got home i went into the archives and printed out a pix for posterity and the photo album

one of the computer people told me that on the cruise before ours that a group of about 20 pax from ireland would show up everyday at the same time with beer and they would drink a toast to the friends left behind and the friends were watching on their computers and drinking a toast back

lougee1043 - What a great use for the webcam, I am on the Regal Princess in January but I only think they have a bowcam and you can't get out to the sharp end of the boat to wave at the camera.

The Sea Princess used to have one in the atrium. We were on board and in port and called our daughter back home. We were standing in view of the camera. She saw us and screen captured the view and we have our picture!

Archived