1/2 price deposit? Last time?

MikeandAmy

When was the last time NCL has offered 1/2 price deposit? It seems like its been awhile or I missed the boat as they say.....:rolleyes:

If you are ..

a) not booking a speciality suite (most of the lower suites (SJ, SG, SF, etc) are ok, only the few highest suite categories are excluded)

b) want to pay as little as possible upfront and the rest with the final payment and

c) thinking of a cruise of 6 days or longer

.. I'd suggest that you try to get your hands on a FCR (Freestyle Cruise Reward). It's a electronic voucher tied to a Latitudes account that is worth $250 and can be used to cover the need of deposit of one cabin (no per passenger deposits needed) and the remaining of the "normal" deposit amount is payable with the rest of the cabin at final payment.

Those are only available to purchase onboard on a previous cruise (total cost after immediately getting extra OBC is $150) but they can be transferred (I've even bought one via eBay when I had ran out of my own) and their usual selling price here or in eBay is around $200 splitting the profit in half between the seller and the buyer.

Here are the T&C of FCRs: http://www.ncl.com/popup/cruise_rewards_terms

P.S. If interested, I can sell you one of my four FCRs that I purchased in February (had plans for a bigger group cruising for this summer but it fell through and we are cruising alone next week, I'm in no hurry though, we still have three and a half years to use all of those :)).

We are already booked on the Getaway for next year but want to upgrade to a suite so I am waiting for them to have the reduced deposits as they usually do once in a great moon and then pay the extra $250.00 to upgrade from our mini-suite now.

My travel agent is now telling me suites/haven are excluded from the half price deposit when it is ran. NCL is telling me different that suites are included... And thats what I have always thought, our Haven suites we have always booked when they ran the 1/2 deposit special... Unless something has changed?

I booked our Haven Suite last September when they advertised 1/2 price

deposits. They advised me that suites were not available for that

promotion. I have to pay the full $750 a person.

We are already booked on the Getaway for next year but want to upgrade to a suite so I am waiting for them to have the reduced deposits as they usually do once in a great moon and then pay the extra $250.00 to upgrade from our mini-suite now.

Have you already confirmed with NCL that the deposit would increase? It is the same for some categories of suite.

DASH Sale is good through the 26th

Up to $250 onboard credit

FREE balcony upgrades

Up to $1,000 in air credits

50% reduced deposit

Discounts for AARP members

Discounts for Latitudes Rewards' members

Military discounts, on some sailings

Additional $100 OBC for Getaway

The 50% reduced deposit is good on all categories that do not require an "enhanced" deposit. (Most suites and Haven).

Please excuse another newbie question. Why all the fuss about half price deposits? It seems like it just means more to pay later. Some people prefer to prepay the service charges and buy OBC. Please explain the thinking in this case.

Please excuse another newbie question. Why all the fuss about half price deposits? It seems like it just means more to pay later. Some people prefer to prepay the service charges and buy OBC. Please explain the thinking in this case.

I was interested in the half-price deposit because I wanted to book a cruise 1-year in advance. However, DH wasn't convinced he liked the ports of call. Booking at half price means I only have half the money tied up until we can make a decision whether to cruise, change the to a different itinerary or cancel. In the meantime, cabin location, cabin type and on-going promotion are locked in.

I think it is due to how people like to pay for their vacation. I am in the pay more later category. Others prepay everything so when done, there are no lingering charges when they get home. I think that that is what I remember reading on the boards regarding pay now or pay later...

I booked a suite yesterday...although ready to pay the 1500 deposit, they only asked for the 250 from my future cruise credit. My travel agent said the first time she called Norwegian it was going to be 1500. She had to call a second time for something and when she got someone else, it was only 250...so I agree with the poster who said it depends on who answers the phone! LOL

coka

Mine was owners suite so I guess that is why it was only 250. Thanks for the clarification...although I still would have been charged the 1500 had we booked upon the first phone call!

coka

Mine was owners suite so I guess that is why it was only 250. Thanks for the clarification...although I still would have been charged the 1500 had we booked upon the first phone call!

coka

We actually successfully booked an SC suite using the half price deposit option just to receive an email from NCL the next day saying the room was not fully deposited. After a call to NCL and having to speak with a couple different reps the issue was resolved. The bottom line is if you are in a garden Villa or any suite that has access to the Haven it is NOT eligible....other suites are good to go. Some TA's and even NCL rep's don't know this and believe that ALL suites are exempt the 50% deposit. So if you have issues you need to escalate it.

Archived