Store Luggage At Pier While Touring Vancouver

Hi. Does anybody have information on where you can store your luggage at the pier in Vancouver after your cruise? I'd like to be able to store my luggage while touring the area around the port (Stanley Park, Gaslamp Dist) before heading over to the Amtrak station to catch the 6pm train to Seattle.

I think it's 4 or 5 US dollars a bag. If you face the coffee stand it's just to the right of the stand. They put your luggage in a closet/room behind the small counter. We stored it for the day there & jumped on the trolley. The popular stops on the trolley are Stanley Park & Granville Island. (We also jumped off at Chinatown). By the time we swung around to the Gaslight area we were too pooped to get off, so make sure you stored up some energy. If you take the trolley, grab an internet coupon. It's a couple of bucks off. Have fun...

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out that we can check our luggage anytime at the Amtrak station. Since we don't board the train to Seattle until 6pm, we'll drop check our luggage in the morning then have the rest of the day to explore the city...Do you know if the SkyTrain station is close to the port?

There is a Skytrain station next door to Canada Place and it will take you the Main street which is your stop for Amtrak - trains can be crowded at times so if you have lots of luggage a taxi might be a better idea. Skytrain fare is $2.25 CAD and it only takes about 5 minutes to reach your destination.

Hope this helps

Dennis

• 8 months later...

You should be able to check your bags in for your cruise starting around noon. Just make sure they've got luggage tags on them with your ship's name and cabin number, and give them to a porter.

another question re:storing luggage in Seattle. We are taking the red-eye back to Florida on May 19th after a Royal Caribbean Alaska cruise. We would like to tour the city instead of long hours at airport. I read the info on storing luggage at various locations, really good info. Also would like to know if there is a train to SeaTac airport from the pier. Or, is a taxi or rental car the only alternative?

Hey Cocoa......................where in Seattle can one store luggage???????

I found this info on the web -- go to www.portseattle.org. go to information on 'concierge service' - it states that you can store luggage at Bell street terminal and terminal 30 at a safe, secure location for $3.00 per bag. This is an excellent site for what's happening at the port and surrounding area. In addition, the concierge service provides free info on Seattle sights, shoipping and maps. Makes hotel, tour and dinner reservation, etc. etc. Again, I have no first hand knowledge of this service, I am only passing on this information. Anyone have any first hand experience with above???

Any idea on where the Vision of Sea docks upon its return from Alaska on the 19th of May - Bell Street or Terminal 30??

I think they also posted a telephone number if you want to check out the information in person. Let me know what you find.

Lovely weather here in Fl today!

Sorry Cocoa, no train to SeaTac airport. Your choice would be to take a taxi or shuttle service if you did not want to rent a car.

And from looking at the port of seattle website it looks like RCCL docks at pier 30 which is at the southern most end of the waterfront. Not real convenient to downtown.

Archived